Wanted to share my pedalboard.

gitlvr

Friend of Leo's
I started playing when you plopped your pedals out on the floor, plugged a bunch of wall warts into a couple of power strips, stepped on the pedals and hoped the "wwaaaaaaaaaaa" you heard wasn't too deafening, and played the gig.
There was no internet or Amazon back then, you cobbled things together the best you could.
The only pedalboard I ever owned was one my brother gave me that held about 5 pedals, powered by a daisy chain.
So I had several pedals laying around all over the place, and decided to build me a board to put them on.
What do you think? IMG_4594.jpg IMG_4591.jpg

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
There you go. Nice looking board. Looks robust enough to stand on. Building your own is the way to go.

Mikelowndes

TDPRI Member
To make it 'cleaner' maybe hide the power supply inside the board (if it is hollow and fits!) and run the cables internally.

gitlvr

Friend of Leo's
Thanks, guys!
DLReed, I took the back off, flipped it, pulled the battery door and put it away, and took a pair of cutters and shortened the screws a bit so it would screw all the way down. Used industrial strength Velcro, a large piece. Ain't going anywhere.

gitlvr

Friend of Leo's
To make it 'cleaner' maybe hide the power supply inside the board (if it is hollow and fits!) and run the cables internally.
Thanks, Mike.
I put it on top on purpose. Everything is accessible and easy to get to; same reason there are no "slots" in the board and everything is tied down on top.
My body aches, lol; ain't got no time for flipping things over and trying to troubleshoot everything like that.
This way it's all laid out in front of me and easy to get to. I'll put up with a bit of disorganization for that.

TeleBackelaer

Tele-Meister
That looks really smooth, I like it!

Nice and tidy. I like the way you've got the wah on there. I've always had to place mine on the floor.
I've been planning to build my own lately. I hardly use my wah, but I'll put it on mine as a stress-test of sorts. You know there's no pedal you gotta stomp as hard as a CryBaby to turn it on.

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
Nice and tidy. I like the way you've got the wah on there. I've always had to place mine on the floor.
... and with single row boards that would probably be the best way to go.
Also, I find I rather prefer to have the wah to the right of my mic stand so that particular
board setup wouldn't work for me. I'd need to set up the wah separately anyway.

On the other hand...
If I was in a band where I didn't have a mic stand in front of me I could totally go for a two-row board with the
wah incorporated like that.

DLReed

Tele-Holic
Thanks, guys!
DLReed, I took the back off, flipped it, pulled the battery door and put it away, and took a pair of cutters and shortened the screws a bit so it would screw all the way down. Used industrial strength Velcro, a large piece. Ain't going anywhere.
Great ideas!

gitlvr

Friend of Leo's
Very nice. Great looking board.
Love the cable holders.
I also team up my SD-1 with a Mojomojo.
Thank you.
It's a great sound. I really think that the Mojomojo would probably stack well with anything, but yeah, it woulde be hard to beat an SD1 and a Mojomojo together, especially at their price point.

gitlvr

Friend of Leo's
... and with single row boards that would probably be the best way to go.
Also, I find I rather prefer to have the wah to the right of my mic stand so that particular
board setup wouldn't work for me. I'd need to set up the wah separately anyway.

On the other hand...
If I was in a band where I didn't have a mic stand in front of me I could totally go for a two-row board with the
wah incorporated like that.
That's how I ran it when I gigged, with wah and volume to the right.
This is a home board; I doubt I'll ever play live gigs anymore. But I think if I used a decent boom this would work just fine, at least for me.

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
A pedal board can be the magnet that makes you come back time and time again. Every time you plug in you find something new and in the process you Practice. Anything that gets you playing should be appreciated. Skill level and conquering techniques comes through repetition. Repetition gets boring quick. Anything that draws you back and makes you want to play is a very big plus. Enjoy your board and build upon it as necessary to hold your attention. I'd have never reached my skill level without them. I'm not saying I'm all that impressive but I would be a lot worse without the desire to go back and play again and again.

gitlvr

Friend of Leo's
A pedal board can be the magnet that makes you come back time and time again. Every time you plug in you find something new and in the process you Practice. Anything that gets you playing should be appreciated. Skill level and conquering techniques comes through repetition. Repetition gets boring quick. Anything that draws you back and makes you want to play is a very big plus. Enjoy your board and build upon it as necessary to hold your attention. I'd have never reached my skill level without them. I'm not saying I'm all that impressive but I would be a lot worse without the desire to go back and play again and again.
100%. Whatever turns your crank and keeps you coming back!

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
I started playing when you plopped your pedals out on the floor, plugged a bunch of wall warts into a couple of power strips, stepped on the pedals and hoped the "wwaaaaaaaaaaa" you heard wasn't too deafening, and played the gig.
There was no internet or Amazon back then, you cobbled things together the best you could.
The only pedalboard I ever owned was one my brother gave me that held about 5 pedals, powered by a daisy chain.
So I had several pedals laying around all over the place, and decided to build me a board to put them on.
What do you think? View attachment 1046585 View attachment 1046586

Sorry I missed this thread, you have some of my favorites on there!

The Digital Delay from Joyo is underrated.
The MojoMojo is great
The Boss Sup Drive is a classic
and
my favorite, the Ibanez Flanger!!! I still use mine and I think I bought it for $20 back in the late 90's.

gitlvr

Friend of Leo's
Hi, Preacher, thanks!
I paid $20 for that one, lol.
They have a rep for bad switches or a faulty cap that can cause the same issue. I knew going in it was a possibility, but the switches are cheap and easily replaced.
I replaced the undervalued cap, but the switch was still intermittent, so on a gamble I soaked the switch in isopropyl alcohol, worked it for about 5 or 10 minutes and let it dry, and voila! Works like a champ, and I love having it on my board.
The Joyo delay sounds really close to an analogue pedal. I might at some point pull it off the board, mask the switch and stand back about ten feet and sling two or three colors of paint at it, just to "spruce it up" a bit.

Last edited: