Wanted TAB for Lead Guitar Solo, TG Sheppard's Party Time

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by Tenderfoot, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Holic

Would appreciate if someone could post the lead guitar solo for TG Sheppard's Party Time in TAB. Key of D would be best but another key will work as I could transpose once I got the solo down.

Please note that I have spent the last couple of days searching the web (including TDPRI:)) and found nothing other than videos (which do not clearly show the guitarist playing the solo).

Thanks

2. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Mike McAdoo, the guitarist, still lives in Branson and teaches guitar. His email address is on his Facebook page. Though I don’t know him, I’ve heard that he is a very nice guy and an excellent teacher. He would possibly make you a short video lesson for a small fee.

3. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Holic

Sorry for taking so long to tell you thanks for the tip (I just saw it).

Harry Styron likes this.
  4. bebopbrain

bebopbrain TDPRI Member

Are we talking about the 8 bars starting at 2:00?

The underlying chords are:
    IV IV I I V V I I

The song is in F, so the chords for normal tuning are:
    Bb Bb F F C C F F

I did the first 4 bars using Noteflight for the first time. The curvy thing means bend up 1/2 step. To transpose, subtract a constant from the fret numbers.

If anybody has feedback on a better way to play this or write, I am all ears.

Attached Files:

5. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Holic

Yes bebopbrain that's what I was wanting help on - many thanks. I'll get back on how it goes.

bebopbrain likes this.
  6. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Holic

Mike McAdoo (playing lead guitar in the video) has offered (for a fee) to TAB his lead riffs in the key of D (no capo) to best suit my singing voice (TG's Key of E is just too high). I most likely will pay the fee if its understood that I can share the TAB without any copyright issues. If so I will share in this thread:)

bebopbrain, your info was very helpful and good a building block for getting familiarization with the lead procedure. Again thanks for taking the time to offer your help.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.