Want... frickin’ gas.....HOF 2!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by 4pickupguy, Aug 23, 2019.

1. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

I’ve often wished I could turn my reverb off via midi so it wouldn’t have to occupy a separate loop in my switcher.... and having an expression pedal would be cool too.. this thing is really big though.

2. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Cool beans. What are you using for a MIDI controller?

I run my verb/delay (DD500) last and use an expression pedal as a mix control for the effect. That works pretty well in my setup.

3. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Ok. I admit it. It's too much. Too much for me. Too many choices, too many features, just can't.

Sorry. Plenty of very cool features, though. tweakable mash profiles. seriously. I can see where this could be lovable.

Me just frozen caveman.

Reminds me of a story. My oldest, my son went to university in Missouri. His roomate, Bruno, was from Croatia, newly arrived in the States. He ran into his roomate once, in the local WalMart, just staring at the shelves. Motionless. Staring. Too many choices.

Of course, Bruno was the one who was eating raw bacon, thinking it was prosciutto. No Bruno, no.

OldDude2, RetroTeleRod and lefty73 like this.
  4. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Afflicted

Brilliant studio and recording tool. Price is right, too. $250 USD according to Sweetwater.

That said, I'm not sure about practicality in a live setting where reverb is probably the most hit-or-miss effect. And those MASH buttons... super crazy-good idea, but... are they durable? The switches on TC's pedals have a bad track record, at least for some players. My Ditto X4 is a few years old and the switches act up occasionally.

5. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah I agree with it being too much. What is nice about it to me is midi and exp pedal. I only use two verbs, a long plate or hall and, occasionally, a room in place of slap delay. I would have no use for the mash thing on a verb, I just want an exp to control verb level. This thing is really big. Like way too big. I think you guys have helped me sweat out the gas fever. Thanks. With that said, is there standard sized verb pedal that has midi and an expression pedal input?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.