Walter Trout live

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Jensen, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Jensen

Jensen TDPRI Member

Yesterday I saw Walter Trout live in Copenhagen. It was a really great show, and there was such a great energy and celebration of life to it.

Usually I am not too much of a blues fan and I think a lot of the blues is too much of a cliche and predictable. I don't feel that way when I listen to Trout. This is not sleepy at all.

He played for about two hours with great musicians, including two of his sons who played with him on certain tracks. Great musicians. He told some really moving and inspiring stories between songs and there was no doubt that his wife Marie Trout told the truth when she introduced him and said he had really been looking forward to playing for us. Trout can go on and on and on in his soloes but it all sounds like it is coming from the heart and not just the fingers. And his voice can really express the blues.

For gear nerds it might be of interest that he started playing a strat style signature guitar but had some issues with it after a couple of songs. He ended up saying: "Ok, enough with the boutique." He then asked for someone to give him a real Stratocaster. He said a few words about Leo Fender and how he had built things to last and played the Stratocaster. The boutique guitar sounded great though and I feel quite sure it is coming back again. He tuned his guitar during the concert and smilingly told that he did not want it to be completely in tune since that would not give the proper sound.

A great experience to hear him live. Go see him if you get the chance.

2. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Saw him nearly 20 years ago in a small club in Indianapolis. He played his old 73 into some sort of Mesa, burned the place down.

Jensen likes this.
  3. Jensen

Jensen TDPRI Member

Yes, that is the guitar that used to be white but ended up being just plain wood due to real life playing. I believe it is the only guitar I have seen that looked more worn out than Rory Gallagher's. He did not play that guitar yesterday. Although I would have liked to see and hear it I was absolutely satisfied with the sound he got from his other guitars.

He is touring these days, so it is worth checking out if he is comming anywhere near you.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.