Walking Dead season 6

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Telenut62, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Bodean

Bodean Tele-Meister

Seems they always give the cast a week off during the season, they don't make that many episodes anyway. What do they need a week off for?

2. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The phrase is "bottle episode" and I am embarrassed to know it.

3. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

The purpose of this week's episode was to solidify Morgan as the new 'conscience' of the group. And we all know what happens to those poor souls...

4. Leep Dog

Leep Dog Tele-Afflicted

I was highly disappointed in the episode; I didn't need to spend 90 minutes learning how Morgan became a ninja. Also, the timing was terrible; a week after Glenn may have been killed (I don't think he was) and Rick looked like he was in big trouble. Come on!!!

5. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

I doubt we find out about Glenn next week either.

I think we go back to the town for an episode.

6. Bodean

Bodean Tele-Meister

Resolution about Glenn's demise will be found out once Maggie goes to find him. She will want to find out what has happened to him when he doesn't return with the group. I don't know how many episodes are left, but I bet we won't find out anything till the last episode or next season. They will leave us another cliffhanger to dwell on for for a while.

7. El Chivo

El Chivo Tele-Meister

A really beautifully-done episode. I don't think the timing is "terrible" at all. The show gives its audience enough credit to pull back the reigns and let the anarchy of the last few episodes soak in. Hell, Glenn's "death(?)" happened with another 15 or so minutes to go in the show. This isn't an 80s action movie, where we need resolution RIGHT NOW! Six seasons in and they don't feel the need to blow their load to keep the audience riveted. They're playing the long game really well. Remember, it was a whole season before we knew what happened to Beth and Morgan took about 4 years to come back.

8. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

Last night was the 4th of 16 episodes this season. Plenty of time to answer some questions and raise new ones.

Who said this would be easy? :D

9. Bodean

Bodean Tele-Meister

There will be a break after Nov. 29th though, it won't air again till Feb. 14 2016.

10. JD0x0

JD0x0 Poster Extraordinaire

They did it before, had a 'half season finale' took a break and finished the season. It's like they're breaking up one season of episodes into 2 seasons of TV. Meh, but probably need the time to shoot all those interesting scenes.

11. Bodean

Bodean Tele-Meister

More like holiday vacation. That stuff was shot before they started the season.

12. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Before the last episode I was really hating on Morgan. He was pissing me off left and right. Of course, now is all forgiven?
    No.
    What the hell, Morgan!? A screen door does not a prison cell make.
    That Wolve guy is awesome as a creep. When he started talking to Morgan, saying, "You think I can be like that Eastman guy?", I thought, "Oh man, he's going to try to con Morgan like that Dallas Creighton guy did the justice system!"
    But he laid it out pretty direct, and I like that.

I feel that was the best episode of the season so far.

13. Rasmuth

Rasmuth Tele-Afflicted

I loved last night's episode. And still plenty of zombie action too.

Eastman was awesome, sad he was only around for the one episode. No doubt though, there will be some repercussions from Morgan not killing.

The acting last night was terrific.

14. Telephx

Telephx Tele-Meister

So far I've found this season to be lacking something, not sure what but it just isn't working for me.

As for Eastman/Yoda, it's easy to talk about PTSD when you're making goat cheese in a sweet little hidden cabin with a garden. In Alexandria, there's no POST part of it yet.....Morgan is doomed and he's taking others with him. Just my .02 cents.....

15. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

Not just Maggie will want to search for Glenn.

But the consequences will pile up when trying
    to search for this one guy. Will they find his radio?
    His pocket watch?

Lightning and zombies don't strike twice in the same place.
    So with that, I'd say Nicholas' botched first run attempt
    didn't happen a second time with Glenn.

In a world that keeps Morgan around and kills off Glenn
    deserves to be over run with flesh eating zombies.
    I'm just sayin'. Clear?

Are the writers giving us clues though?

JSS

16. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

There are going to be more major deaths, as well as major parts of major people coming up missing.

17. El Chivo

El Chivo Tele-Meister

Unlike a lot of shows, this one has let us know that no one is safe. Well, maybe just Rick at this point. They've been pretty merciless with the audience. Just think about Beth. In a split second they go from "Yay, Beth is ok and is being reunited with the group," to "Oh ****... Beth is dead." They aren't very nice to us. haha!

18. Rasmuth

Rasmuth Tele-Afflicted

I think this season has been spectacular so far.

19. Wailin' Tele

Wailin' Tele Tele-Afflicted

Are civilizations social mores still valid in a zombie apocalypse? This seems to be a main theme this season. Glen was a good guy, but his willingness to give Nicholas redemption may have cost him his life. (I think we will see Glen walking around and hissing soon)
    Rick is a good guy who has come to the realization that the strong survive and the weak fall. Not that he is a killer of innocent people, he just knows that trying to save a weak link ultimately jeopardizes the core group. This last episode puts this quandary in the spotlight. It will be interesting to see how the writers conclude this thought process.

20. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

I thought Sunday's episode was pretty great. I kept thinking maybe Eastman was actually Dallas trying to con Morgan. Anyone else get that feeling? The only problems with that theory are this:
    1. This assumes the writers are always jacking with us, which isn't necessarily the case.
    2. I doubt Dallas would go to Eastman's house to get the daughter's drawing. Before Eastman told that story, I thought Eastman might be Dallas. But that story seemed genuine. Of course, that's Dallas's game, right. So it could be Dallas still. But then why teach Morgan to fight?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.