Walking Dead season 6

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Telenut62, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Bodean

Bodean Tele-Meister

Last week they said there were 22 named characters on the show, so some were gonna have to go as time went on. After the last 2 episodes i can't keep up with how many are left now. I may be wrong as everything, but I have a suspicion Glenn isn't done yet.
    What about Rick? he looks doomed. I suspect his character will not be sacrificed. Perhaps Darryl will ride in and rescue him after he scampers to the top of the RV. Hah, we'll see. We get an hour and a half next week, I guess some ends will be tied, or wasted on some crappy backstory.

2. El Chivo

El Chivo Tele-Meister

It's like Opie all over again! Sorry for the SOA reference. ;)
    I have mixed feelings about Glenn still being alive. I mean, I love his character, but this show is so relentlessly dark... why eff with the audience with a miracle escape? The comic book people say that he has to still be alive to take part in a huge event coming down the line, but I understand that the show weaves in and out of comicville quite a bit.

3. Wailin' Tele

Wailin' Tele Tele-Afflicted

Glenn is dead, WIP!!

4. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

On the Talking Dead show, they read a statement from Greg Nicotero (producer / director / special effects dude of TWD) about Glenn... it said that Glenn (or parts of Glenn, eww!) will return *in some form* in the future. The reason for this is to give some closure to Glenn's character.

Wish I could find a YouTube of it to re-analyze. Seems like Glenn is definitely done, but not sure what will be shown. Nobody knows what happened to Glenn & Nicholas. *Somebody* will go to find Glenn, and yeah OK Nick too (the turd). Will Maggie go look? Ya think? :lol:

The true 'good guys' / moral compass owners, keep falling away. Dale. Hershel. Beth. Now, Glenn (apparently). So who is left to keep Rick in line (besides Michonne)?

The whole Alexandria collective is splintered, and their numbers are way down. The Alexandrians died in droves last night. Morgan has left... he's a loner, and a loner's got to be alone. Enid left too. Some say Enid is/was one of the Wolves. I wish she would stick around; she and Carl have a bunch in common. Call me crazy but WHEN do all these horny teens get horny?? This zombie killin' life is short; ya gotta grow up fast, and *pow* TEEN PREGNANCY!! You know it'd happen in the real post-apocalypse world... how many NYC babies were conceived during that big blackout in the 1970s? I'm just saying...

Zombie herdin' just ain't what it used to be...

5. creading

creading Tele-Holic

Enid's JSS tags everywhere and her note to Carl-Just Survive Somehow. not sure what it means in the long run but haven't heard anyone else reference it so far.
    I think Glen survived. It's a stretch considering how many walkers were there but they never actually showed him being bitten. the camera angle tried to make it look like he was the one being eaten but he was under Nick and there were numerous zombie bodies that they had shot littered around the dumpster. I think he'll be back but probably a candidate for a psycho ward after experiencing that!

6. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

Season 6 Episode 3:

"If I get stuck out here I'll find a way to show you
    that I'm okay."

-Glenn the Pizza Delivery Guy

He said that when he told Mishonne he was going to
    burn down the feed store to distract the herd.

7. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Afflicted

It could be like the episode were Carol was covered in zombie blood they never touched her !! Glen might be the same
    come to think of it why didn't they all do that instead of hiding in that pet store
    oh yeah it's just a tv program

8. 1962guitargeek

1962guitargeek Friend of Leo's

I think Rick is to the point of killing them all and letting g-d sort 'em out. If you're not part of the pack then either move on or die.

I'm hoping Glenn survives, but it ain't looking good....

9. studio

Yes, I agree on the cover in blood thing, but
    it is not zombie blood if it's Nicholas' blood is it?

Dang TV show!

and who are the people who try and ambush Rick in the RV?

Again nice aerial shot on the last scene.
    Good use of drones for artistic purposes!

10. Tazz3

Tazz3 Friend of Leo's

How did Glenn get it?? I missed it

11. studio

Well, ((((Maybe)))))) Glenn didn't actually get it.......

That's the kicker in the pants. You see him on the ground
    with a buncha walkers and bllod and guts, but it might be
    Nicholas' blood and guts.

Glenn tries to steer the herd away from Alexandria by burning
    down a local feed store but instead gets caught in a dead end with
    walkers all around. Hops on top of a trash bin and Nicholas caps himself
    cuz he sees no way out. He thanks Glenn then shoots himself, falls
    on Glenn and they both fall into the walkers in slow motion.

12. studio

Funny, but no one else is around to witness Glenn's demise.
    That leaves a big open hole in the story to be filled by
    the excellent writers. Six seasons deep. That's a lot of writing.

13. hazcat

hazcat Tele-Meister

I'm not buying Glenn's demise. He'll be back, and not as a walker just yet. I can't believe they'd knock off such a major character in a swirl of ambiguity with twenty minutes left in the episode and no resolution.

I'll put a nickel on Glenn hiding under Nicholas, and maybe the Dumpster, until he's extracted by... the Wolves.

14. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I thought Glenn was screaming because they were eating all those sausage links raw. Or were they hot dogs? He's not dead. He's just resting. Pining for the fjords.

15. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Didn't Rick and Glenn cover themselves with blood n guts, in order to be undetected by the zombies? This was near the beginning of the first year, when Glenn and Rick first met up.

16. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Glenn's death was a big bummer, but not quite as much of a let down as Morgan's character arc this season with his misplaced moral clause allowing Wolves to leave alive-Wolves that kidnap Rick's daughter and almost kill Rick. What the hell Morgan?

Another fail for Morgan, failing to realize that people can change and grow.

[​IMG]

17. 1962guitargeek

1962guitargeek Friend of Leo's

Yes, they did. I actually expected Glenn to do that again along with Nicholas...:confused:

18. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

Heh. Yeah, they forgot some stuff that they learned in Season 1 :D

Those are wolves. The six that Morgan let escape from Alexandria.

So that pretty much makes Morgan responsible for them attacking Rick. Morgan's way isn't Rick's way, so I'm all but certain Morgan is going off on his own again.

Interesting perspective on how Rick & clan have been operating: they are about where the Terminus people were. At Terminus there was a sign / motto: "Never Again. Never Trust. We First, Always."

Other than cannibalism, how does Rick & co. differ from that now??

19. Thorby Bislam

Thorby Bislam Tele-Afflicted

Glenn's death has been coming for a while. He's always had issue 100 looming in his future. And it's been foreshadowed a few times such as at Noah's town. So we were expecting him to die at the hands of the wolves leader. Turned out not to happen quite that way but tv might parallel the comics but it doesn't copy them.
    Rick will be ok if he shuts the rv doors so they can't see him and keeps quiet. The herd will keep walking and he can come out when they've passed by. He's the only one safe from the chop now. Last series, I was sort of hoping Rick would get killed, Carl would become the central character and we'd see that the whole show had been about Carl's growing up in a zombie apocalypse.

But as I alluded to before, Carl has been fading into the background for some time. He's been used less and less. Maybe the kid playing him has grown up a bit and decided he doesn't want to be an actor after all in the same way the kid who played Joffrey in GoT did? Maybe he's only appearing in an occasional scene to fulfil a contractual obligation? Or maybe he's taking a back seat for a while to concentrate on his exams?

20. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Ummmm....Hershel...Beth...Hell, they spent like what seemed like a whole season with Beth at the hospital, then killed her off.

I hate to say it, but I think Glen is a goner!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.