1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Walking Dead Season 5

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jondanger, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Telenut62

Telenut62 Poster Extraordinaire

2. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

I watched, rewound, watched a couple times just for clarification: It was indeed Michonne's katana ninja sword.

3. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

4. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

The season finale had more viewers than the last one. AMC's revenue is up 40% and the stock is a definite buy if you're into stocks. The bad news is that there will probably be even more commercials next season.

5. Tesla_HV

Tesla_HV Tele-Afflicted

Again, that's the beauty of DVR.

6. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

It still confuses me how AMC can show Walking Dead with a ton of over the top gore while everything else on the channel is edited for content. I see where Walking Dead has a disclaimer at the beginning but why not have all their movies unedited? I usually turn off R rated movies that have been chopped up and edited. Sometimes you can find the same R rated movie on IFC or some other channel completely unedited.

7. Tele Convert

Tele Convert Tele-Holic

Because it's not exactly R rated. It's more like PG-13. Violence doesn't carry near the weight of nudity or language when it comes to getting a rating...especially if the violence is directed at zombies.

8. Oldboy

Oldboy Tele-Meister

Yeah, nudity, shocking :eek: decapitation, disembowlment and ultra violence yeah that's ok ;)

9. Thorby Bislam

Thorby Bislam Tele-Afflicted

I'm not picking on you, GB, but if I may comment ...
    I agree. There is a disconnect between how he wants to be; how he is required to be and how he actually is. This makes him an interesting character study because all the rest are pretty much straightforward. what you see is what they are. There's no pretence to them.
    Not counting Eugene's Washington lie here because he was open and honest about his true self. He always said that he was a coward who needed the protection of more capable men. Similarly, Carol's 'helpless little woman' is an act to put the townspeople at their ease.
    Yes, this is what endears TWD to people on opposite sides of the world. It's a story about ordinary people thrust into an extraordinary world. We keep watching because they are well drawn characters with whom we can identify (Me? I'm an almalgamation of Eugene and Tyrese.) and we want to see them deal with life in this impossible scenario.

That's what I was getting at. In the west, white is a symbol of purity, both human and spiritual. In the east, white is a symbol of mortality and funerals. The bridal gown and the funeral shroud. They're both symbolic of his desire to atone for the death of his parishioners and thus become 'clean' again, and his inner weakness that keeps him in a funk, forever tormented by his guilt. I'm sure that's why the producers had him don a clean, white shirt before going out for his little walk.

10. Thorby Bislam

Yeah, one of the peculiarities of American culture. :D It does seem a bit odd to us sometimes but then, they don't get a lot of our cultural norms.

Btw, our American friends, wait till you see Lennie James (Morgan) in Brit series, Critical. Loads of blood there. More than TWD.

11. Thorby Bislam

It's not always directed at zombies. The trough scene at Terminus was genuinely shocking.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.