1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Walking Dead Season 5

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jondanger, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Poster Extraordinaire

Carol is one woman you would want to sleep with one eye open cause I can't keep secret :eek:

[​IMG]

2. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

I liked how Daryl mentioned the horse getting closer to what it really was, getting harder to tame, the longer it'd been "out there", and one of the last things we see is Rick reaching for his pistol, having designs on taking the blonde lady's husband out so he can make room for himself, and also the way he seemed to sense the walker through the wall. . Like Rick had been out there too long, that core of what made him and the group so effective.

This town's scene is a trip. Carol is hilarious as an 'invisible". The whole thing begs the question, "Have the gang become the "bad guys"? Meanwhile, Daryl finds a friend.

3. Thorby Bislam

Thorby Bislam Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, kill the only doctor in town, why don't you?
    But then, with Rick in a "We'll take this place" mood, he is not thinking clearly. No, it's not that. He just doesn't care anymore.

Loved the way Carol put the fear of God into whiny little kid. She is the most badass character of them all.

There are no 'bad guys' and no 'good guys.' There are only dead guys and alive guys. Or as Rick put it, "It's all about survival ... at any cost." Our group are now no different from the Claimers or the Terminus people. In motivation anyway, if not in deed. The Alexandria dwellers, safe behind their walls have been spared all this. Up to now. By taking in our group, they have sowed the seeds of their own destruction.

4. Deckard

Deckard Tele-Afflicted

The "town" has clearly effected the people within it in a negative way. They've become complacent with the folk they talk to and allow entry, that sort of thing will end badly eventually. There is something about the whole thing that stinks.

5. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I thought it was a terrific episode... it is the foreplay episodes that set the table and get us prepared for major actions... there are a TON of subplots in play now and when this goes south.. it will be fascinating.

6. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

It is fascinating. I don't think these folks are that 'weak'. It's odd, but I think we agree that something is not kosher. That whole deal about the pasta maker and Mrs. Neidemeyer (sic), it seemed like it was a rehearsed or agreed upon topic. Guided conversation? That party had to be a snowjob. They seem experienced at scouting, recruiting, and using people from the "outside". Be interesting to meet more people who have been assimilated, but I am thinking there are not many who have made it.

7. Deckard

Deckard Tele-Afflicted

The girl who shows an aversion to Carl knows something isn't right. The only one of the main cast that doesn't seem totally brainwashed (by food or drink maybe) is Sasha.

8. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

I think of this scene as one of the most creepy in television. Well done.

Sometimes the show is a little slow but continues to keep my attention. Maybe that's where they are trying to develop some character more than others. I don't know, I don't always like every show.

The walking dead isn't about zombies so much as about the living. The living are the walking dead. Its only a matter of time.

I think we have a lot more to go and I'll be tuned in as long as they continue to answer questions from previous episodes, without introducing too many more. Balance.

9. telemaster7082

telemaster7082 Tele-Afflicted

I was wondering is Sasha had become more accustomed, or addicted even, to the life on the edge lifestyle, vs the laid back lifestyle.

I think Aaron may be a good guy, he seems legit.

10. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Whoa, the whole Carol thing scared the pants off me. The actress could go down in the annals of excellent delivery of lines as one of the best. Ten years from, people could be saying things like, "the scene was like one of those Carol moments," or, "...in a Carol sort of way," or, "she got all Carol on him," etc.

11. Tazz3

Tazz3 Friend of Leo's

What did carol see when she went in to the fridge to get the cho chips for the cookies?? I missed it lol

12. telemaster7082

Edit.

Was thinking of the wrong part.

13. Teleholder

Teleholder Tele-Meister

I noticed one of the street names in Alexandria is "Morgan".

14. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Man, missed this on Sunday, finally got caught up tonight. What a great episode.

Carol is obviously the best.

Really thought that the scene of Abraham and Rosita showing up at the party was super funny.

"I don't know about this"

"They have beer"

(Stoic face) "I'm gonna try"

Nice moment of comic relief.

15. Tesla_HV

Tesla_HV Tele-Afflicted

"The monsters will come...the ones out there...and you won't be able to run away when they come for you...and they will tear you apart and chew up all of you while you're still alive...all while you can still feel it. And afterwards, no one will ever know what happened to you."

And I thought the "look at the flowers" line was creepy...

16. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Pretty weird that they teased Morgan so early in the season and we haven't seen him in several episodes. I expect we'll see him in the last episode, just hope the cliffhanger isn't "whoa, Morgan!" again.

17. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

THIS is the million dollar question, the question this season seeks to answer. Think of Herschel, think of the prison: In both cases, they got a bit complacent and things went to ****. I think Rick's group has become the bad guys. I think Alexandria is straight-forward; I don't think there will be a "twist" like at Terminus. I think the twist will be that Rick's gang have become the bad guys. Now, can they save themselves before they go to far? That is the ten million dollar question.

18. telemaster7082

So will the end of the series come with the fall of Rick?

19. Oldboy

Oldboy Tele-Meister

Just caught up with it in the UK, you can just sense something big is about to happen, Carol as usual is an absolute star and apparently AMC have optioned two seasons of a spin off too.

20. telemaster7082

I heard its a prequel. They should at least wait until walking dead is over.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.