Walking Dead Season 5

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jondanger, Oct 12, 2014.

1. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire

To be fair, I think they try and make these actors look pretty rough. You know, post-apocalypse that it is and all.

2. telemaster7082

telemaster7082 Tele-Afflicted

Right now there is a "bad-ass amps" thread. I think Rick gets my vote for bad-ass beard.

3. PaisleyIsGod

PaisleyIsGod Tele-Holic

I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet but I hope they don't keep running in circles. Group is at a place, place gets destroyed, group goes to a new place, place is run by evil people, group goes to a new place... It'd be nice if they stopped somewhere and played out some good story lines.

A funny thing about this show that I can't get past is that the vast majority of these walkers have been "dead" for what, a few years now? I'm sorry but a person who's been dead for years and (and is only mobile because a virus is keeping the brain "active") has been exposed to rain, sun, snow, ice, falling down etc. is probably just going to be mush at this point. But I guess the show wouldn't be as interesting if they were just walking through the woods trying not to step on decomposing zombies.

That may be the grossest thing I've ever typed. Anyway I like the show for what it is and I'm interested to see how the rest of the season plays out.

4. Tesla_HV

Tesla_HV Tele-Afflicted

*Spoiler alert*

One can't think too hard on the technical/medical aspects of the show...like how one can use the nose of a plastic model airplane to penetrate the skull of a zombie (e.g. last night's episode).

5. Steve_U1S

Steve_U1S Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Remember; each fresh death potentially adds to the walker population - if not 'euthanized' or brain-disabled so that won't happen, every person turns... so there would be long-disintegrated walkers (the mush you mention) but there'd be relatively fresh ones being added from the initial survivor pool...

6. PaisleyIsGod

PaisleyIsGod Tele-Holic

That's true. When I'm watching I can put all that aside because I think there are a ton of great things about the series.

7. telemaster7082

+1

When I talk to people about the show, who dont watch the show, all they can hear or imagine is "zombies." I agree, the show has much more to offer. I like that right now they are each breaking down in their own way - even Michone last night, which was the first time you really see her in a weak moment.

I was not too into Tyrese's story, but I thought the imagery and way they filmed the episode was really "emotional." Had me glued to the TV.

8. Thorby Bislam

Thorby Bislam Tele-Afflicted

Basically, one long, dramatic death scene. Which Tyrese deserved, he being a major character. No surprise about him being the one to die. I knew the moment that Noah joined the team that one of the other black characters would die to make a space for him.

Question: why do they not wear long-sleeved shirts? Human teeth are not that sharp. Walkers have the teeth they died with; they don't suddenly get issued with fangs. They don't even have the bite force they had in life because their muscles get stringy and lose tone. A denim shirt sleeve would protect them from most walker bites.

9. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

Welllll...

Killing off Beth and Tyreese does move the plot along. It reinforces the whole 'you never know when your number is up' thing. Kind of like in real life. Beth was young and sweet, even though she did what she had to do to survive. She represented a kind of innocence maintained despite the awful circumstance, now gone. Tyreese was a rock, he could be counted on. There's not a lot of people like that in the zombie world.

Here's an interesting thing I noticed: Of the characters in the Rick Grimes group, NONE have a living relative anymore *except* for Rick. Even newbie Noah learns that his family is gone in this latest episode. Thus, the new order, is about your chosen family, not blood. It's necessary for survival to find your tribe.

Tell ya what, there's some weird stuff that went down in Noah's neighborhood... on Talking Dead, they hinted that more would be revealed about that. Piles of legs, piles of torsos, and piles of heads... :eek: stay tuned!

10. dbickford

dbickford Tele-Afflicted

Mmmm. Eating dog. The group is at a new low. They need a safe place.

Yeah, I'm a little behind the times. I lead a sheltered life.

11. rider7

rider7 Tele-Meister

I stop watching after season 3 when they killed of Andrea.

12. Tesla_HV

Tesla_HV Tele-Afflicted

Andrea was one of the characters who would chronically make poor decisions which would result in making things worse for Rick's group. I for one do not miss her.

13. jondanger

Real curious to find out who this Aaron cat is. Reminds me of Gareth right off the bat. Is he supposed to?

14. telemaster7082

I was also not sad to see Andrea go. She was not a good match, and a weak character in my opinion

Would they bring in another character just like Gareth this soon?

15. jondanger

So do y'all think this new place is going to work out? For how long?

I dig Carol's game, as always.

16. telemaster7082

Well, if it does work out - the show would probably get boring.

Im curious to see what happens with the group and what is this places' angle.

Rick - power hungry??

Darryl - not happy, at all.

Carol - i am liking the "innocent den mother"

I think maybe some of the group may turn on each other. Maybe.

17. Tesla_HV

Tesla_HV Tele-Afflicted

I'm thinking that Darryl doesn't get assigned a job.. :)

18. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Darryl would be perfect for animal control.

:lol:

19. creading

creading Tele-Holic

I'm thinking Darryl might get 'turned out' or banned by the former congresswoman because he doesn't fit in with the community. Maybe someone else from the group also.
    Definitely some weird folks in the community. The odd girl who ventures out beyond the fence (maybe to meet up with the three guys previously 'banned'? Were they from her group?) The former Congresswoman's son...big power trip there. The hair cutting lady's husband who sits on the porch in the dead of night.
    All interesting new characters. And what's with the video interviews? That's a bit creepy.
    I liked Rick with his beard better. Too much of a pretty boy clean shaven.

20. Tesla_HV

Tesla_HV Tele-Afflicted

The most disturbing thing that I found in last night's episode was that I found the character "Deanna" to be attractive. I must be getting old. :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.