1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Walking Dead Season 5

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jondanger, Oct 12, 2014.

1. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Who is watching the season premiere tonight? Last couple episodes from last season were pretty good. They finally released season 4 on Netflix a couple weeks ago and I just watched the last episode last night. I haven't watched any appointment TV for awhile and I have to admit, I'm a little excited.

Watching this show with all this Ebola stuff going on makes the whole thing a little more scary, right?

2. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

I am. Looks like Rick's finally reached the realization that the only thing that's going to keep his people alive is brutal survival of the fittest mentality. His struggle to grasp onto pre-walker civility has finally reached a breaking point. It will be interesting to see how far this transformation goes.

3. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

Less than an hour to go .... Woo hoo !

4. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

i just watched the 1st four minutes of tonight's episode, no spoiler, but, man, how are they going to get out of this one...

5. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

I had coffee with Lauren Cohan (aka Maggie) recently.

[​IMG]

6. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Skulls you're my hero.

First 8 minutes is terrifying. I kinda had a bad feeling about Terminus.

7. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

No.way. Is she into telecasters?!?!?!

8. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

I wont spoil it for you, but a couple months ago, they showed the 1st FIVE minutes of tonight's episode! ;)

9. thunderbyrd

yo, Carol! go, girl!

10. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

I don't know. But we did discuss the mathematics of rock stardom (hard-ass/love-withholding dad + saintly and/or dead mother), and she said it totally fit someone she dated recently. And, of course, she moved around as a kid, assumed new identities to survive, etc., which is the classic classic actor's childhood.

11. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Man, did she supercede redemption, or what? Bitchin'.

That is too cool, Skully. I've enjoyed Ms. Cohan's body of work since her Bella days on Supernatural.

12. jonzer

jonzer Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I really liked what happened after they showed the previews of next week's episode. I won't spoil it....but that 30 seconds was pretty cool.

13. rarebreed

rarebreed Tele-Afflicted

I won't be a spoiler either but it was a real good episode to open the season with. The wife and I loved it.

14. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

I did not see it, because, I have been consumed by Boardwalk Empire and they run at the same time. Fortunately, every week AMC runs the previous episode of Walking Dead right before the new one, so I'll see it then, if I don't catch it during the week.

15. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

I agree, it was a great episode. Loose ends got tied up, the gang is back together and a lot of really bad people got what they deserved. The scene at the trough though was over the edge.

Kind of weird though. AMC is a channel where all the content is censored for sex and violence yet on Walking Dead there's more violence and gore than any program they censor.

16. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

This week's warning at the front of the episode was no novelty gimmick. That was a pretty brutal scene! Walker deaths are also enjoying a good deal of detailing.

17. telemaster7082

telemaster7082 Tele-Afflicted

Ive been following the seasons on netflix, have not watched TV for a while.

I too just finished season 4 on netflix and I thought it was fantastic! Was great that everyone was scattered and I am happy they got out of the prison.

Season 5 premiere was great! Very exciting right off the bat; go Carol! I am looking forward to following this season.

As a side note, did anyone watch "talking dead" after? Ive never watched it, but I did last night. I usually hate talk shows and reality shows. Anyway, the host kept saying there was going to be an exclusive sneak peak for next weeks episode, more than what was shown at the end of Ep 1. So I kept watching, only to find out that it was a guy screaming because he was being attacked? Big deal.

I thought for sure they would talk about the guy who appeara at the end, I cannot remember his name, but it is the guy that Rick met in the first or second episode of the show.

18. rockabilly96

rockabilly96 Tele-Meister

I watched Talking Dead last night as well. The guy kicking and screaming is a reverend from the comic book series. My guess is that he'll become an important character, if only just for a couple episodes.

The man at the end of the season premiere was Morgan. At first I thought I thought it was Bob, then Talking Dead filled me in. I'm excited to see how Morgan's story intersects with the gang's. Also can't wait till we hear Beth's story

19. thunderbyrd

for me, last night's was the best episode of the series, so far.

20. Tele Convert

Tele Convert Tele-Holic

I love it when seasons start with a BANG. Great episode! I'm hoping they spend more time on the road this season. The prison season got to be a little too slow.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.