Walking dead guys, er, Walking Dead Watchers, Uh Walking Dead Fans.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Jun 16, 2019.

1. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

You got that backwards......the PARTY is late to ME......:)

Toto'sDad likes this.
  2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Poor Sandra, my, how the mighty have fallen.

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. Toto'sDad

I may be late, but I really like a party.

[​IMG]

nojazzhere likes this.
  4. TelePunkJCM

TelePunkJCM Tele-Meister

White Zombie came out in 1932.

Night of the Living Dead in 1968.

This is not a new trope or cultural phenomenon. Not is it obscure.

Are you Rumpilstilskin? Have you been asleep for 51 years?

Toto'sDad likes this.
  5. Toto'sDad

Nope I haven't been asleep for 51 years. I have so far avoided being dead, or around the dead, and would really like to continue to do so.

nojazzhere likes this.
  6. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

In some ways it is the story of Carol from beaten house frau to strong independent woman managing grief and tough decisions; it's a feminist fable. I believe she wasn't even intended to be a major character and it developed into one of the main roles.

The post apocalyptic fantasy thing ( there are a lot of these once you get into the depths of Netflix,etc) is interesting. I guess it plays with the idea that we would all quite like to be in that situation - to be free of the daily grind and having to live on our wits, not having to live by the rules, testing our own moral fortitude. It’s a world that apparently rewards the blue collar and the nerds and the outsiders ( presumably the key demographic for these shows) and is hard on the middle class. And believing that we'd all be good at it, not dead on the first day.

7. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I've always liked the post apocalyptic/ Zombie apocalypse type movies since watching Dawn of the dead and Mad Max1, Night of the living dead, Listening to war of the worlds musical. Something like these situations is about the only way I could picture an end to the tax and interest system that milks us of the majority of our allotted time. I've had some great dreams on this since childhood, gathering a great selection of guitars and amps, moving into the mansion in the country, amassing enough supplies to see me through and getting to do whatever you want with your time from then on. The mild annoyance of having to fend off the occasional zombie seems a good trade over the zombies and system we currently have to endure.

Toto'sDad and RoyalBaby like this.
  8. Toto'sDad

Chunko, you need to get out more. Ever think about taking up golf? That's probably the reason I'm not much interested in dead people. The way they get around they would probably be lousy golfers. You gotta have a little bounce in your step for golf!

9. Chunkocaster

I played competition golf every Saturday morning in a club years ago. It was fun and nice to walk the course. It got expensive though and I started to prefer a sleep in on Saturday mornings. There were a few zombie members in that club. They moaned a lot but they managed to hack their way around the course ok.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

Ah, so you've seen me play golf.

Toto'sDad and Chunkocaster like this.
  11. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

I've never seen any of these shows either but I just saw a meme stating that if the shoe laces of dead people had been tied together there'd be no current zombie crisis

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  12. Chunkocaster

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  13. Les H

Les H Tele-Meister

I watched the first season fairly religiously, by the second season I was hit and miss. I liked the original cast and once they were all mostly killed off they should have stuck a fork in it. It should have ended after the second or third season. I definitely quit watching by the time they followed it up with the "Talking Dead" sum up show. The zombie craze has petered out and has for some time.

I have a very difficult time watching anything on AMC anymore. Yeah, the first 20 minutes of a movie is uninterrupted but then every 8 minutes is another 8 minutes of commercials. They can drag out a 90 minute film to 2 and a half hours. I don't have the patience for that.

Curse of Oak Island is another pointless show.

14. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

I've been watching TWD almost from the beginning, and my housemate works on the show from time to time. I've enjoyed the extended arc of the story, especially jumping years deeper into the future this past season. But I'll admit that I liked it better at first - they've killed off too many favorite characters, but I kind of admire that, too. People die, and they're not afraid to move on.

I like the post-apocalyptic fantasy for the same reasons RoyalBaby put forth above. It works a lot better for me than any pastiche of swords, wizards, dragons, and thrones ever has. But that's just me.

That said, yes... AMC seems convinced they can squeeze every penny (and every bit of life) out of this franchise, so my opinion may change at any time.

15. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I know I'm a grumpy old f@rt but when I want to look at zombies I just walk up any street in Australia or here in China and there are millions of them all walking along staring at their hands and getting in the way of real people.

A few days ago witnessed a female Zombie walk into a street light pole on the footpath!!!!

Mobile phones are specifically designed to turn us all into zombies.............Not me babe!

DC

nojazzhere and Toto'sDad like this.
  16. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm a deadhead and I can still walk.

17. Toto'sDad

Are you sure you don't live in Oildale?

nojazzhere likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.