Walking dead guys, er, Walking Dead Watchers, Uh Walking Dead Fans.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Jun 16, 2019.

1. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

If you like science fiction, if you like couch-level apocalyptic preparedness, then it's entertainment.

It's not a horror/scary type of zombie show like "28 days later" (the zombies sprint everywhere).
    If you like comedy watch "Zombieland", the rules are fun.

A few of the supporting characters are more interesting to follow: Carol, Daryl, Maggie, Morgan, and a few others that get introduced. Carol is the one that really gets the group out of every problem the cop gets them in and is often the one to watch. Unassuming Carol. There are several characters that received so much fan devotion that they survived well beyond the writer's original intention in the early years.

But like many shows, they run the course of the producers thinking they are invincible and start throwing in random writers and directors, letting the cast members get their turn directing episodes and the thing tumbles down. If you've heard of this show called "Game Of Thrones" they just went through that event, advertising for a whole year the "largest battle scene ever shot, took us fifty five nights of shooting in the cold and the dark", and the results were a spectacular backlash from long time fans. TWD did that with Neegan.

You probably need to watch at least three episodes to find out what any show will do or not. Wikipedia often charts season viewer ratings so you can get an idea of which season to step off the ride.

Toto'sDad and FenderGyrl like this.
  2. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

Walking Dead is a soap opera with a few zombies and hasn't been worth watching for about 6 or 7 years now. It sucks.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  3. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I still watch it but it's getting old. They have a huge cast which is hard to keep track of. But it also means that any one of them could get killed off just like that. That's the main premise. Which character will get it. Also the show works right now because they have some really nasty villains..

Toto'sDad and FenderGyrl like this.
  4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Not an unusual state of affairs for me.

nojazzhere likes this.
  5. Toto'sDad

Apparently the USDA has been lost to the holocaust to then.

6. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

It's not a big deal.

Are you familiar with zombies, at all? They're dead people that have come back to "life", they're very slow, they want to eat people, and if they bite you but escape you'll eventually turn into one. So if you've seen any zombie flick in the history of TV/movies you know the basic premise to Walking Dead. Everything in the show that happens besides the zombies, which is a lot of non-zombie stuff, is crap.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  7. Toto'sDad

That right there is the part I don't understand, if the zombies are already dead, how can you kill them? Seems like you'd have to incinerate them or something, you know, render them down to ashes to get rid of them. How would just shooting kill someone who was already dead?

8. Toto'sDad

I can't really answer that, but I can tell you that your instincts are very good!

nojazzhere likes this.
  9. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

Zombie 101 - kill em with a head shot. Only damaging the head works on zombies.

10. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

I was never a fan of the genre. I don't get what there is to follow. I was kinda hoping that the whole zombie thing would run its course, and then just be a "Zombie Week" thing like "Shark Week" is.

11. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Holic

We watched it for many seasons. Then after about the 7,000th consecutive episode of people hacking away at zombies, we for some unknown reason started to get bored with it.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  12. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

I love zombies. Zombies are my favorite horror genre "villains".

But they are all basically the same. The rules of zombie-ism are pretty strict. Walking Dead adheres to the zombie rules, but the rest of the show is tedious.

TelePunkJCM and Toto'sDad like this.
  13. Toto'sDad

I feel a bit awkward here, as I generally know from I guess just being here and having seen advertisements for shows that are about zombies what a zombie is supposed to be. It's just that I don't understand if they are dead already, how can you kill them again? It would seem to me, you are either alive or dead, or a zombie if you will, and if you happened to be a zombie, I don't see how you could be killed yet again. If you can be killed, how did you wake up the first time? ANNND, what keeps them from waking up as many times as they need to?

nojazzhere likes this.
  14. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

In most cases, some sort of pandemic virus kills the people, they reanimate as a zombie. At that point, no amount of bodily damage stops them unless you destroy their head. I don't know the medical science behind the life cycle of a zombie, but zombie rules say that to stop a zombie once and for all, you have to kill the head.

And for the record, as a living human, if you die as a result of your own living human head being destroyed, then you won't come back as a zombie. And as always, there are certain people that are immune to the virus, but can be carriers. If a carrier dies, he can reanimate as a zombie, even though the initial virus didn't kill him.

The brain seems to be a key player in the roles of both living and zombie. Kill the brain, stop the zombie.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. Toto'sDad

I did try watching Game of Thrones. I was channel surfing, and tuned in while a guy was talking to his young daughter, then he killed her. Since I am quite fond of my own daughter, the act of someone killing their daughter did not fall under "entertainment" to me. I quickly tuned to another channel, and I would not under any circumstances watch that show again. Once was too many for me.

nojazzhere likes this.
  16. Toto'sDad

Walking dead? I think

[​IMG]

17. Toto'sDad

There ya go, that's what I was looking for. No matter how far fetched, an answer to a problem is always better than no answer!

18. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

One more thing, in Walking Dead land, everyone is a carrier. When you die in the Walking Dead you will come back as a zombie. It's routine in Walking Dead that when someone dies, naturally or less naturally, someone stabs the freshly dead in the head so they don't come back.

19. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

Just opinion of course, but...
    about season five I started rooting for the zombies.
    Really, it would warm my heart to see every single character eaten whole.
    Wasted my time... stupid.

Greg_L and Toto'sDad like this.
  20. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

Another horrible waste of time was that one with Sandra Bullock.
    Worse than sitting on a concrete block in the sun.

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.