Walking dead guys, er, Walking Dead Watchers, Uh Walking Dead Fans.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I may be the one guy left in the continental U.S. that doesn't have a clue about this show. The few times I tried to watch it, I just couldn't, I don't know why, just couldn't. There used to be some kind of motorcycle gang show on that I tried watching, it fell under: Just couldn't watch it too. (Maybe they are even the same show?)

I know Google is my friend and all that, but it would mean so much more if the dear minions of the Bad Dog would enlighten me as to the basic premise of the show, why you watch it, and more importantly answer the question that brought my query. I saw an advertisement for it (I think) where a bunch of actors are all dressed up in fancy costumes intending if I understand correctly, to kill anyone who looks like they are already dead!?!? Would somebody, tell me how this makes any sense at all?

Thank you for your participation.

TD

nojazzhere and jackinjax like this.
  2. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

It sounds like the Walking Dead and Sons of Anarchy just aren't for you. If you've watched them and don't understand the basic premise then I'd recommend another genre. I don't think trying to explain them will help and certainly won't make you like them. Try The Wire; it's the greatest.

TelePunkJCM, Toto'sDad and gridlock like this.
  3. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

You are late to the party

Toto'sDad and Mr Scallywag like this.
  4. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

I have given up on it ( I’m fairly sure many others have too). I wouldn’t start watching it now as it will just lead to disappointment further down the line.

It’s a soap opera. A soap opera needs a premise and The Walking Dead has the premise that they live in a post apocalyptic zombie world.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  5. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

I was thinking the same thing... these CDs I hear people are all using. What's up with that? And don't even get me started on Don Rickles.

6. LunarSlingShot

LunarSlingShot Tele-Meister

Basic premise:

A cop wakes up from a coma in the hospital after being shot on duty. When he wakes up he discovers that some time has passed since he entered the coma and the dead have started to rise with the intention of eating human flesh. Society as he knows it has fallen. He intends to find his family, of whom are missing, and somehow survive the droves of walkers that litter the earth as well as potentially combat the surviving humans that are doing whatever is necessary to survive.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  7. LunarSlingShot

LunarSlingShot Tele-Meister

I watched the walking dead from the beginning and recently tuned out. I used to get so excited about the show every time a new season aired (it was pretty much my favorite show on tv), but it has really fallen off.

Toto'sDad and RoyalBaby like this.
  8. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

I too, liked it for awhile. It eventually "lost" me.

Its quite a fictional view of survival in a post apocalyptic world. They most always had food and gas and guns and bullets but no showers.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Zombies creep me out too much to watch that show, though apparently after a while the actual zombies became less and less relevant to it.

The one clip I remember watching was about this guy who was captured by some other desperate people who had fallen into cannibalism to survive and they ate his leg without realizing that he’d already been bitten by a zombie. So he was laughing at them because they had eaten infected meat...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

here's the basic rhythm of the show: argue, kill some zombies, argue, argue some more, kill some zombies, argue. tedious.

src9000 and Toto'sDad like this.
  11. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

The problem is TD people like you and I are just far too intelligent to encourage the idiots who generate this cr@p to infect the weak-minded and frighten children!!!!

It smacks of watching Australian parliament live..................leaves you wondering how so many stupid people can get paid so much money to stuff up peoples lives! My guess is your government on TV would be similar???

DC :eek:

Toto'sDad and nojazzhere like this.
  12. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I enjoyed the first couple of seasons and then it became more of a drama/ soap opera.
    I loose interest if I have to wait for new seasons. If you do watch it's best to binge watch until you get sick of it.

It's basically a rip off of popular zombie movies rolled into a series and dragged out for several years. I recommend skipping it and watching the movie 28 days later instead.

I couldn't watch the Sons Of Anarchy since seeing two guys having a conversation while riding their Harleys along side each other. I think that happened in the first few minutes and that was enough for me. Didn't help that the tough guy was a millennial nerd in some other CSI show and the dad had been in a string of bad b grade 80's and 90's movies. The explosions looked ridiculous too, like something from the first few episodes of The A team in the 80's. Fake as can be.

I watched them online. I haven't watched TV for years.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

You are quite talented, turning a thread about The Walking Dead into politics

TelePunkJCM and Toto'sDad like this.
  14. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

Those scenes might possibly be the highlight of my viewership.

Toto'sDad and Chunkocaster like this.
  15. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

The correlation is Boubou, that Parliament is populated by a lot of people who are allowed no free thought, and wander around to fill up the empty space and consume the resources of the ordinary citizens for their own benefit.

DC :twisted:

Chunkocaster likes this.
  16. Euphonica

Euphonica Tele-Meister

Welp, I am a person who bought issue #1 at cover price, and just a few days ago read issue #192. Issue #192 features the most important event of the series so far.

The show? It’s okay. Too confusing with too many archetype characters. Almost no one is a real character. (That means developed.) You can skip it. The comic however, continues to delight.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  17. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Friend of Leo's

I used to watch religiously, but have tuned out the last 2-3 seasons, mostly due to personal reasons. It has become more and more unrealistic over time (If that’s possible). It was not a zombie show turned soap opera...It was soap from day 1.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  18. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Tele-Afflicted

I watched it 2 and half times when it first came out with the fam. I was put off by the random nature of the writing. It was obvious and predictable, that the writers were winging it from episode to episode, which I take as an insult. I see better plot depth and continuity in soap operas.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I, too, have never watched it TD. In fact, I don't watch ANY serial series on AMC. I've tried a few times, but their scheduling is so haphazard and repetitive that it's just a waste of MY time. That, and zombies just aren't in my scope of interest. I've known too many zombies in real life, I need to escape reality when I watch TV. :)

stratofortress and Toto'sDad like this.
  20. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

I work with a bunch of Zombies.

They tend to move in herds up and down the hallways. I think its because they all follow the leader. They are all staring at something in their hands. The followers are able to navigate without looking up because they can still see the feet of the Zombie in front of them.

The Zombies comunicate with each other thru some language that is soft on consonants and heavily relies on the words LIKE and LITERALLY.

At times I imagine that I am Daryl or Morgan from T.W.D. and fantasize that I'm wiping them out one by one with my CrossBow or my BigStick. However, reality sets in and I remember that the Zombies are just living their best life.

Sigh....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.