Wah under left foot?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by p8t8r, Oct 6, 2012.

1. p8t8r

p8t8r Tele-Meister

Am I the only one, who likes to go crazy on the wah with the left foot? It makes my wah-wah pedal migrate to the left of the pedalboard, which is kinda creepy, since I like it near to the beginning of the signal chain. Fyi, I'm right-handed, right-footed.

2. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

I'm with ya. Total righty with everything, but a wah has always felt natural under my left foot.

3. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

Whatever works the best... just seems like it would be a "haw" if used on the left foot?

4. tjalla

tjalla Friend of Leo's

Haw haw haw!

To make things confusing - I'm wah right, volume left.

5. Paleolith54

Paleolith54 Tele-Meister

You and Satriani...

6. ludashoeless

ludashoeless Tele-Afflicted

billy gibbon's wah

7. sax4blues

sax4blues Friend of Leo's

I am more comfortable standing on my right foot so I wah with left foot.

8. Chautauqua

Chautauqua Tele-Holic

I am too... But mostly because that's just how my board lays out.

I CAN play my Wah with my left foot (playing soccer for 20+ years and being pretty universaly ambidexterous will do that - can't play guitar left handed though) but I find I lack the little fine motor movements that make the wah such a "fun" pedal for me to use in the first place so I don't do it. do use BOTH feet at once (left Vol/right Wah) when I'm sitting down sometimes for the "swell wah" effect... Get's confusing sometimes and I feel like I'm riding a pedal car or running some old treddle powered tool ;)

Who knows, maybe there are some "left-footed Wah tones" hiding in there just waiting for some experimentation.

9. jefrs

jefrs Doctor of Teleocity

It doesn't matter which foot. Which foot do you tap to the music the most? - that one.

I cannot operate the wah or vol pedals if they are on a board, so they sit off the front.

The wah does naturally go to the right because it is near front of the train, but we have patch leads in various length.

10. Swingbass

Swingbass TDPRI Member

For me it depends on what I want the wah to syncopate with for expression. IF for picking I use right foot (I'm right handed) and if for hammers and fingering style expression I tend to use the left.

11. Chautauqua

Chautauqua Tele-Holic

Interesting, why is it you can't opperate them on the board??? Is it cause there's not enough room for your foot or do you have an angled board that makes it tough??? I see oher guys do this all the time, but I have very few effects and a flat board so I run them on the board. Always wondered what the reson for others not having them on-board was...

Even MORE interesting... What do you do "differently" with the left foot that makes it more applicable to hammers/finger-style??? This is turning oout to be a very intreaguing little thread, for me anyway...

Cheers

Dave

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.