1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Vox VGH AC30 Headphone Amp

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Mike M, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Holic

2. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Holic

Sweetwater just shipped mine today, review coming later in the week.

3. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Holic

FYI

Just got my pair of the Vox VGH AC30 to try out.

If anybody is thinking about getting this, stick with the Fender Micro.

4. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Tele-Afflicted

OK, why?

5. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Holic

You get so much more with the Fender Micro, and the Vox is kind of cheaply made.

The way the cord is connected permanently to the headphones (and doesn't pull out) is a design flaw, I'm sure it will get ripped out accidently one day. Plus the dials on the side are hard to find and turn.

The only way I would recommend this, is if you are a VOX fanatic (and I am), and you want more gain than the Fender Micro Vox setting has.

The Vox has a gain knob, so you can really dial in the sizzle/hair for that, but the Fender is practically flawless, and much better than this poorly made one trick pony.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    northernguitar and bgmacaw like this.
  6. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Holic

I spent more time with the VOX last night.

Its not a bad sound, and the fact that it has a gain knob does mean you can dial in exactly the right sound.

BUT, the dials are horrible to use. Unlike the Micro, which has a beautiful large volume knob you can easily find, the dials on the Vox are tiny, and almost impossible to rotate without taking the headphones off your head

The Delay and Reverb are pretty good, and you can dial exactly in the right amount you want, but the Chorus just doesn't sound right to me. Your guitar sounds like its being detuned as you try to dial it up.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.