1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Vox Stomplab 1G presets

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by metastable, Aug 16, 2014.

1. metastable

metastable TDPRI Member

I got a Vox Stomplab a while ago and I really like it. What I don't like is the fact that they give you 120 presets and no explanation as to what they are comprised of. Sure I should use my ears and work out what I like, but I want to know what the settings are I'm starting with.

So I sat down and mapped them all out....

Here is the link to the spreadsheet if anyone else is interested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wj5YnBIp9_IAtypoiKEjm4f1bcqY83UMDN3VR0Zu8dQ/edit?usp=sharing

I also mapped out the 20 user slots and there are dropdowns so if you change them, you can keep a record of what it is.

I also added a sheet "Tone Turner" where you can enter the display name and it will tell you the effect or vice versa, select and effect an it will tell you what display you need to have showing.

If it helps someone, cool, if it doesn't, it's already helped me :D

The butcher, TBuck, mnutz and 2 others like this.
  2. derek_70

derek_70 TDPRI Member

great work, metastable.

I'm looking for a practice amp solution (live in an apartment).

I have good powered speakers and headphones that I use with Amplug AC30.

I like the tone I get for blues, but I miss sometimes reverb, compression and diferent amp tones.

I have owned a Korg Pandora PX4D before but it never impressed me. I'm really curious if it is a Vox branded Pandora?

3. metastable

metastable TDPRI Member

I've also got an Amplug AC30. It is pretty good.

As for your question , as luck would have it, I ended up purchasing a pandora mini as well. I purchased it as it had a heap of song presets, so I didn't have to muck around trying to find the sound for certain popular songs. And it had the inbuilt rhythm section.

I'm no expert but they seem to be similar sounding unis, but that could be just poor ears. Obviously, as I assume you alluded to, Vox is owned by Korg, so I would assume they are sharing modelling technology.

I would by the Pandora Stomp if I had my time, again. The mini is too light and gets knocked by the guitar cable far too often

4. derek_70

derek_70 TDPRI Member

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  5. metastable

metastable TDPRI Member

The names of the Vox amps are all the same, and I think they sound pretty much like the Korg ones, so I guess I'd say they do sound like it.

Now, I've never owned or heard live any of the amps in question, so you can take my statement that they do sound like the real thing with a grain of salt.

Amusingly I had the same interest for the Vox and went searching for the amp/pedal models. Because the names are also similar to the Tonelab (the higher end pedalboard) I found what people were saying for that board and matched the ones on the Stomplab

AC15 - Channel 2 of a 1962 Vox AC15
    AC15TB - 1990's Vox AC15TBX ('top boost' channel)
    AC30 - Vox AC30 (normal channel)
    AC30TB - Vox AC30 ('Top-boost' channel)
    BLACK 2x12 - Fender 'Blackface' Twin Reverb (clean channel)
    TWEED 1x12 - 1958 (Vox describe as 18w but this is more likely 15w) 'narrow panel' Fender Deluxe (NOTE: following an interesting post from JoeM and some digging around of my own, I'm now convinced this is the Deluxe & NOT (as described in the article below) the Princeton, due to the power rating, 2x6V6 valve complement in the power stage, & 1x12" speaker size!)
    TWEED 4x10 - 1959 Fender 4x10 Bassman
    UK BLUES - 1960's Marshall JTM45 head (high treble channel)
    UK ’70s - 1969 Marshall 100w Plexi head (high treble channel)
    UK ’80s - 1983 100w Marshall JCM800 head
    UK 90's - 1990's 100w Marshall JCM900 head (lead channel)
    UK MODERN - Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 head (Hi-gain channel)
    RECTO - 150w Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier (modern high gain channel)
    US HIGAIN - 1991 100w Soldano SLO100 Head (hi-gain channel)
    BOUTIQUE OD - Dumble Overdrive Special 100w head (overdrive channel)
    BOUTIQUE CL - Dumble 100w head (clean channel)

And the pedals

PEDAL MODELS
    COMP MXR RED COMPRESSOR
    ACOUSTIC ORIGINAL
    VOX WAH VOX WAH
    U-VIBE UniVox Uni-Vibe
    OCTAVE ORIGINAL
    TREBLE BOOST VOX TREBLE BOOSTER
    TUBE OD Ibanez Tube Screamer
    BOUTIQUE KLON CENTAUR KENTAUROS
    ORANGE DIST BOSS DS-1
    METAL DIST BOSS HM-1
    FUZZ DALAS Fuzz Face

MOD/DELAY
    CLASSIC CHORUS MXR CHORUS
    MULTI TAP CHORUS ORIGINAL
    CLASSIC FLANGER MXR FLANGER
    PHASER MXR Phase90
    TEXTREM Tremoro on Fender Combo Amp
    ROTARY Rotary Speaker
    PITCH SHIFTER ORIGINAL
    FILTRON Mu-TRON Filter
    ECHO PLUS Echo Plex
    DELAY ORIGINAL 70's Analog BBD Like Delay
    CHORUS+DELAY ORIGINAL COMBI FX

6. Celticaster

Celticaster TDPRI Member

I signed up to this forum, for one reason only - and that is to say a big thanks for this! - the time it must have taken you. I just bought one and I am so grateful - a little annoyed that VOX don't seem to think it a good thing to do themselves but hey

well done sir!

7. metastable

metastable TDPRI Member

You're welcome :)

And yes, it did take quite a while...

8. Julian Richards

Julian Richards NEW MEMBER!

Thank you very much for doing this - I have started a similar project for the IIG (which seems to have different programs, or at least in a different order) and so I know how much brainache this must have caused you! Not sure I'll be as thorough as you, but if I finish it I'll post it. Like others, I'm a bit annoyed that Vox haven't done this already.

9. Randy Ito

Randy Ito TDPRI Member

hi, metastable.
    It's a great work!
    I love stomplab 1G, because It is small, no expensive, and It have very good sound.

Very good amp Simulator, Have a variation of the many clean and crunch sound.
    Analog like feeling, but not flashy.
    It features not found in Multi Effector products of other manufacturers.

Unfortunately, modulation, delay and reverb, so not good. (But, it is not bad)
    I use stomplab combined with Zoom MS70CDR, It's so good.:D
    I can compensate, there is only 20 User slots.

10. BoogerRooger

BoogerRooger Poster Extraordinaire

A bit late to the party but I googled hoping to find a list of the preset settings like this. Outstanding work! Beyond my expectations and very useful indeed.

11. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Same here - big thanks

12. tomee

tomee TDPRI Member

OK, I have to say thanks for this!! The manual has a chart explaining what the settings mean, but this spreadsheet lays out what all of the preset settings are made of. This must have taken hours if not days!!! Hats off for this!!

I recently got one used because it's portable (batteries), and I can use headphones. I spent an hour reading the very sparse manual and was getting nowhere, then I found a very good youtube video and this spreadsheet and within 10 minutes I was making up my own effect chain. Fender 1x12, bass/mid/treble set to 7s, spring reverb all in a large hall. All in a box that fits in my guitar case with headphones. I'm happy! :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  13. patrickbeat

patrickbeat TDPRI Member

Hello everyone. I need your help, I have a stomplab I
    and I need to configure it to get the Beatle Rickenbacker sound. I own a Hangstrom guitar, the amplifier is the one that gives us the space for the show, they change. Thanks for your time.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.