1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Vox Pathfinder Owners

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by robb3566, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

My ears pick up an increase in clean headroom, (whatever that means), when I use the amp without the red LED's and I do prefer the sound of the amp with the LED Mod.

Enjoy

2. here4thefall

here4thefall Tele-Meister

I have two PF15R's and at one point had one with the led mod and one without. Led mod definitely gave more clean headroom and didn't alter the clean sound to me but took away some of the the fuzz when you pushed the gain. I then did the led mod to both but put a Celestion eight 15 in one and that really made it even louder.Now with both I have tonal options, with the boost ingaged it's louder,darker,more bass and if I want a chimey sound disengage the boost button and raise the levels of volume and gain. Both take pedals very well also.
    Disengaged boost setting for me clock wise : gain 9, volume wherever, bass and treble 1,effect set as you like.
    With boost ingaged I set the gain at 8 o'clock everything else the same.
    Have fun !!!

3. lareplus

lareplus Tele-Afflicted

I still want a pathfinder 50R! Happy new year everyone. .[/U]

4. ryantele

ryantele TDPRI Member

I absolutely love the 15r. Best clean sound and built in reverb I've heard from any other amp in that price range. Too bad they were discontinued...

5. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Gigged a wall o' Vox - Pathfinder 25R and AC10. WOW!! Got asked to turn down

amorica likes this.
  6. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Pathfinder on sale at Reverb.com, $179.00!

7. mtm105

mtm105 Tele-Meister

I have 10 version. I tried to unhook the Bulldog and play through 4X12s, but it probably better serves as a combo.

My fascination with the Amp is the OD. I have cascading OD going in. so the sound I get is SICK! It's DISGUSTING! yet, ohh so addictive. not too much from the Amp, though.

It gives me ANGRY fingers. My fingers get ANGRY at the fretboard as I play directed towards nirvanna!!

i read a review that the 10R is sexier than it's bigger brother.

8. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That's expensive!

At least it used to be. Before I moved mine on, I think I paid $120 mint. Maybe I got lucky.

9. rdo1708

rdo1708 Tele-Holic

I paid $80 for mine in basically brand new condition about a year ago.

10. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yeah - I double-checked. Mine was actually $100. Maybe we got lucky or maybe prices have jumped since.

I traded mine for a mint USA Made Transtube Peavey Studio Pro anyway. Popped a C-Rex in - look out!

Not the Vox sound and heavier, bigger package, of course.

11. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

I paid full retail for mine ($109.99??) it's been years but definitely worth the price of admission.

12. davewrites

davewrites TDPRI Member

Bought mine used off Craigslist two years ago and paid only $60.

Regardless of condition, at that price, it's stupid to not buy it.

13. rickslick11

rickslick11 TDPRI Member

Didn't you used to use a Direct Drive with your Pathfinder? When did you change to the MXR?

14. Jeru

Jeru Tele-Holic

Me too -- $60, about ~5 years back.

15. davewrites

davewrites TDPRI Member

Now, that I think of it... it was more than two years ago. Three or four is more like it. Time flies.

I probably could have re-sold it two years ago for $100-120 when their demand took off. I had a few forum-items want to take it off my hands.

16. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

After letting a few years go by (and just 'hind-sight tracking' what I seem to always end up do/how I use OD pedals) I realized the following:

I seem (over time, trial and error) to have gravitated towards 3 OD pedals that I always come back to ( A Barber Direct Drive, a modded MXR Classic Distortion, and a stock Blues Driver) for the amps I own (run clean)

I seem to do the same thing with all of them- Turn then ON, and leave them ON and just roll from 'almost clean' to varying degrees of distortion which I may get from the particular OD feel like using.

There are varying degrees of dynamic cleanup and treble/bass response I may get from each pedal, but I think I just make them all sound the same- I get more tonal variation from vol/tone/pickup switch of the guitar and just seem to rely on the OD pedal to provide me a bump in Gain and Level

Basically if I get a wide range of Tone, Level boost. and a nice (Low>moderate) Gain taper AND the ability for this combination to clean up well when turning my guitar down- I'm happy!;)

17. nickd

nickd Tele-Meister

Just a suggestion. Do you think TDPRI and other sites can make a petition to bring back the Pathfinder 15R or a VERY close solid state replacement that doesn't have digital reverb, or an undersized cab.

I've gone through various tube amps over the last few years and keep coming back to the pathfinder.

18. Mark76

Mark76 TDPRI Member

*Wouldn't say no to a Pathfinder 15B*

19. BIGD5

BIGD5 TDPRI Member

Just turned mine off......If I had to get another I would love to just order it and it show up day after tomorrow!!

20. lareplus

lareplus Tele-Afflicted

I'd love to see them bring it back but with a ten inch speaker and more watts

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.