Vox Pathfinder Owners

robb3566

Tele-Afflicted
I know lots of us have them, mine's already a little 'reliced':

P5270664.jpg

play_loud

Tele-Meister
I'll bite.. Here's my home recording rig. Sorry for the poor quality of the picture.

2v2dx50.jpg

Anyone ever use one of these babies mic'd up for a gig?

Ben Harmless

Poster Extraordinaire
Count me in! I don't have any pics at the moment, but I'll see what I can do.

We should have a contest where we take pictures of our Pathfinders in remote locations. First one with a picture of their Pathfinder at the summit of Mt. Everest wins!

robb3566

Tele-Afflicted
Well, if you were going to take an amp to the top of Mt. Everest, a Pathfinder would be a lot easier than, say, an AC30.

studio1087

Telefied
Ad Free Member
All alone.....

010A.jpg

With special sauce....

001-3.jpg

Love the 15R. Try plugging one into a bigger cabinet. :eek: Good stuff!

John

End_Of_The_Line

TDPRI Member

I have.

I'm sure it sounded great. The the reason why I put it that way is because when you're in an 8 piece ska/cumbia/rock'n roll band, and the other guitar player is rockin' a Fender 4x10 and a) the sound guy doesn't turn you up in the monitors or b) there are no monitors, it tends to put a damper on your gigging experience with an otherwise bang-for-the-buck amp. All you have to go on is what other people say about how you sounded, and most of them are drunk off their asses, so...

mistermullens

Poster Extraordinaire
Settings

What settings on the Pathfinder do you use for the '72 Custom? I've got that same tele myself.
For practice, if I remember correctly, I have the Gain at about 1:00, Volume around 7:00, Treble 12:00 and Bass 12:00. I tend to keep the reverb just about maxed, but it fluctuates.

I've been on vacation for over a week and haven't played it since. Its killing me. Tonight will be the first night I get to play.

mistermullens

Poster Extraordinaire
Sorry I missed this one. Fellow TDP'r porkadon gigs his. He's in a blues band and has two. He has told me that he sometimes uses one and still gets asked to turn down.

I installed a 10" speaker in mine and will be playing it for the first time in a live setting two days from today. Its a pretty loud jam and sometimes has two drummers, Allman Brothers style. The jam will be recorded, audio & video, so I'll eventually be able to post the results.

I haven't seen any Pathfinder 10 owners post yet. Some of you may have read in Amp Central my Pathfinder "mini stack" thread. I borrowed my brother-in-law's P10 that I gave him and ran it through my P15. Sounds great and is voiced differently than the P15. I wonder if he'd let me have it back. :oops:

TyPierce

Tele-Meister
I picked a non-reverb Pathfinder up on CL a while back and it hasn't disappointed. I remember playing through one years ago and remarking how natural it sounded, so when the need arose for a knock-around solid state amp at our house, the Pathfinder was top of the list.

mchet

Tele-Holic
Future owner here! Put'er on layaway last week! Can't wait to get it!!!!

Picked my used pathfinder up today!:D

Got it home... plugged in and discovered that it has problems and took it back:cry:

Guess I have to save up for the new one...

mistermullens

Poster Extraordinaire
I'll bite.. Here's my home recording rig. Sorry for the poor quality of the picture.

2v2dx50.jpg

This is the first time I've looked at this thread with pics! Work blocks pics. PL, have you run your P10 through a larger speaker? Like I said, I've been running mine through a 10" and it sounds so good.