1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

VOX L1A Inductor specs/help

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by czech-one-2, Aug 4, 2014.

1. czech-one-2

czech-one-2 Friend of Leo's

I recently decided to replace the L1a inductor that comes in the stock Vox V545 wah as my wah was losing lots of volume as the trebel [toe down] increased.1st I tried a new pot but the problem remained. So I tried a stock dunlop 500mh inductor and now its a volume pedal, with no 'wahing' whatsoever. But the volume is fine now so it probably was a bad inductor. But shouldnt this dunlop 500mh inductor work in a vox v845? What are the specs of the L1A thats in the Vox v845's?
    Anybody have an L1A laying around in your parts drawer that you may have swapped out for a fasel?
    :(

2. Joe Gagan

Joe Gagan Tele-Meister

your tone tank is one the way! i made it with correct pinout, but only two pins.

the v845 responds well to mods also, except there are a bunch of little radio suppression networks mixed in with all the other SMD stuff on the board. makes it a little harder to find where everything is, etc. let me know if you want to mod it any. i did one for a local keyboard player, he loves it.

3. czech-one-2

czech-one-2 Friend of Leo's

Thanks Joe, its sounds great with your inductor in there! All I did is true-bypass it and its good to go now. :cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.