Vox Bulldog Speaker Decal?

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by ranjam, Oct 30, 2019.

1. ranjam

ranjam Tele-Holic

It's a long shot, but does anyone know where I can get such a replacement sticker? There is one on eBay right now, but the seller does not ship to Canada. :(
    Exhaustive Google searches turns up nada. This is a hunt I do not intend to give up on. :confused:
    Thanks in advance.

vox_bulldog.jpg

2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe just have a decal made or are you deadset on a real sticker?

uriah1 likes this.
  3. Muinarc

Muinarc Tele-Meister

Maybe someone can volunteer to buy it for you then ship to Canada? I buy stuff for friends in other countries and they just paypal me the funds.

4. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Afflicted

5. ranjam

ranjam Tele-Holic

I've tried a few emails, and even sent a PayPal payment (with 'extra' for the hassle), asking just to send it in a Christmas card, and we'll do this 'offline'. My payment was refused and returned. :(

auction.jpg

I may have found someone willing to sell me one of theirs. It'll be a bit more ca$h, but I am serious. And the kicker is that this isn't even a collectible amplifier. Heck, it's not even a tube amplifier; it's a SS Pacemaker I'm restoring as close as I can to what it should look like.
    The weirdest part is that 912 countries are listed as a 'will ship to' destination, but not Canada. Go figure. :confused:

6. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Afflicted

have you checked with vox?

play music!

7. ranjam

ranjam Tele-Holic

..... and North Coast Music, and British Audio, and The Vox Showroom........... :(
    It seems that if it ain't an AC30, it's not worth making replacements parts? I'd have though more people are digging their Thomas Organ amplifiers?

8. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Ad Free Member

fyi;;; extract from vintage files

Thomas Organ turned to the Oxford Speaker Company of Chicago, IL to make the speakers for the Viscount and many other US Vox amps. Selecting an Oxford alnico magnet 12" speaker that was loosely based on the specifications of the Celestion Alnico Silver seemed to be a good solution. Using the Oxford "Gold Bulldog" saved Thomas Organ the importation costs involved in shipping the Celestion speakers from the UK to California. It even reduced the basic price of the speaker itself.

9. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

If you want me to I'll buy one for you and send it in a Christmas card. Just let me know the details.

10. SweetClyde99

SweetClyde99 Tele-Holic

My pawnshop Pathfinder 15 has one of those, but it’s pretty firmly attached to the speaker. If you want the full speaker or the full amp, we might be able to work something out.

FAD4C1CA-1B60-499C-84F3-84BD38C3D47F.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.