1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Vox AD120 VTH tolex

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by IowaBoy2021, Apr 19, 2021.

1. IowaBoy2021

IowaBoy2021 NEW MEMBER!

Just purchased my first Vox amp in many, many, many moons. It didn't include a speaker cabinet and none were available locally. I have an Acoustic 4-12's cabinet that I am re-vamping to specs to match the cabinet that was originally made for this amp plus a few improvements. I know the amp was issued around 2001 and built in Vietnam (seriously?). I don't recognize the black tolex used and was wondering if anyone knows what it is and where it can be purchased. Thanks from Iowa!

2. jageya

jageya Tele-Holic

Great amps(the blue mesh ones) I have a bunch of the ad120vtx and ad60vtx amps as well as the vtx300 and vox was ahead of its time with these. enjoy

3. john_cribbin

john_cribbin Tele-Afflicted

Welcome to the forum.

If it's the same stuff on my Vietnamese Vox, that was the cheapest, thinest, nastiest tolex I've ever seen on an amp.

Anything other than that would be an improvement, unless yours is a different tolex ....

4. jageya

jageya Tele-Holic

5. jageya

jageya Tele-Holic

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.