1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

VOX AC30 1979 (McKenzie) vs Framus Ruby Riot II

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by wiston, Feb 25, 2021.

1. wiston

wiston TDPRI Member

Hi guys,

I Iam about to ask which of these amplifiers would you prefer and why?

VOX AC30 1979 (McKenzie speakers) vs Framus Ruby Riot II (Celestion Vintage and Greenback)

I am owner of Framus Ruby Riot 2 but now I can buy interesting Vox AC30 from 1979 with 2x12 McKenzie loudspeakers.

The point is that I want keep just one of these two amps. I have many cons and pros for both amps in my head and I am unable to make decision so I would like you to discuss here and maybe it will help me a little bit?

I am curious about your experience with each amp (sound, quality, VOX is handwired vs non-handwired Framus, maybe future value of both amps would be interesting, McKenzie speakers vs Celestion and Greenback etc.)

Thank you!

2. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Afflicted

3. wiston

wiston TDPRI Member

Cool, that is it! Yep but you can still repair a lot of things easily with soldering iron. I love it's sound but there are a lot of people who say that 1979 Rose Morris sucks? There is some cost reduction with these models but I still think it is a good amp. Am I wrong?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.