1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Vox AC15C1 TV + Celestion Blue.... doesn't fit???

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by spauldingrules, Aug 18, 2016.

1. spauldingrules

spauldingrules Tele-Holic

So I have a Vox AC15C1 TV Blue - one of those from last year's sale - and it came with a Greenback, which sounded pretty good. I had always planned on getting a Celestion Blue, and I finally got one after my Mesa 2x12 "needed" a greenback. So I got the Blue today, and... it doesn't fit! The tubes bump into the back of the speaker. I guess this TV version just cannot accomodate it, or am I missing something?

I just put it into a 1x12 cab for now, and it really does sound glorious, so I'm not too worried about it, but I would prefer to have it in the combo. I have another 16 ohm greenback clone speaker I can throw into the Vox, so it's all good, but is there any way to change this? It bumps into a power tube and a preamp tube, and it displaces them by about a centimeter.

Any input is appreciated - I just find this surprising since Voxes are kind of known for using Blues.

2. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Is it the round "bell cover" that hits? I'm not sure about the Blues, but Weber and Jensen alnico speakers can be ordered with or without the bell cover and they can be removed if they already have one on them.

Usually there are a couple of tabs that fit into a slot and twist to lock, or some brands have a screw through the center behind the sticker.

Somebody who knows more about Celestions will most likely chime in about how to remove them if possible.

3. spauldingrules

Thanks for the input. I don't want to disassemble my new speaker haha. It sounds great in the cab. Maybe I'll get a knockoff that fits in the combo.

4. AJBaker

AJBaker Friend of Leo's

Did you take out the chassis?

5. spauldingrules

Sorry I just saw this. Yes, I did. It's just too big haha.

6. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

The cover over the magnet is held on by one screw under the center label.
    I took the cover off a Celestion gold to fit it in a tight cab. Peeled the label back without tearing it.
    The original alnico Celestions came with no cover, and actually look very good with the huge hunk of alnico showing, plus it might fit where you want it to go...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.