Vox ac10c1 gain knob noise

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by mapesaudio, Nov 7, 2016.

1. mapesaudio

mapesaudio TDPRI Member

I've had my ac10c1 for a little over a year, changed all tubes right off and found it to be a worthwhile upgrade. I love the tones from this amp and feel it's plenty loud for my needs.
    Just recently I noticed when turning up the gain volume I hear a sound coming through the speaker, not the scratchy dirty pot sound, and the master volume needs to be up at least a little to hear it. If the MV is higher the noise I hear from gain is louder, the sound I'm hearing is almost like air releasing and onlry makes this sound while rotating the gain pot. I chaged tubes again this isn't it. I'll try cleaning the pot, but I don't think that's what it is.
    Anyone else have this issue?
    Thanks, Mark

2. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Take a pencil [eraser side] and tap the pre amp tubes to find the one that is got loose guts. You will know when you tap it in a gainy mode. ;)

3. mapesaudio

mapesaudio TDPRI Member

This is not a tiube problem, not even sure it's a problem...
    Does anyone else have this sound if you turn Master volume just to 9:00 o'clock, then rotate gain pot from closed to open, do you hear any sound at all.
    If this is something that occurs on most amps, it is just part of the way the circuit functions.
    C'mon people help me out here. Would love to hear results.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.