vox 847 noise

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by funkysoul, Aug 20, 2019.

1. funkysoul

funkysoul Tele-Meister

lastly i have noticed when i stomp my wha down near to the treble area close to the switch i'm getting a hiss.like it boosts the all known single coil noise.i opened it and check the wiring that was ok.but i rolled with my hand back and forth the pot and saw that it does it only when it comes to the far treble side.the only way to avoid it is to set the pot more bassy-darker as i can do it cause the pot has more sweep than the pedal does.but i don't like it.just have in mind that its moded to true bypass and the pot has changed to this https://www.banzaimusic.com/FT-WAH-Wah-Potentiometer.html 3 years now. thanks

2. wildschwein

wildschwein Tele-Afflicted

I think what you're describing is 100% normal -- there will be a lot on noise on the treble side of the sweep on any wah circuit. At volume, on a stage next to a drum kit with cymbals splashing and the wah treadle rocking you won't notice the high end hiss and your ears will only focus on the essential mid range frequencies. If you're sitting in your room by yourself and you plant the pedal down on the treble side you're going notice the hiss a lot more.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.