1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Voodoo pickups wait time?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by davyped, May 24, 2010.

1. davyped

davyped TDPRI Member

How long does it usually take to get a pickup from Voodoo? I ordered almost a month ago. Sent and email and got no reply.

Dave

2. Falstaff

Falstaff Tele-Meister

Try calling him. I have had great luck with Voodoo, but I have heard others complain that emails go unanswered. I have been able to get in touch with him in the afternoon. What did you order?

3. davyped

davyped TDPRI Member

I ordered a TE60. He was answered emails great until I placed my order. Hmmm. I am sure he is busy. I'll try calling. Thanks

Dave

4. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

A few years ago, I ordered (and paid for) a Tele set. After 6 weeks or so, the bridge pickup arrived. Waited a few days and called about the other pickup. "Oh, yeah, you did order 2 pickups, we'll get it right out."

About 2 weeks later, had the neck pickup. Could've just been a bad time for them, but I wasn't happy with the service.

5. MrDJoers

MrDJoers Tele-Holic

I was going to order some pickups from Peter but I had a problem with his service. The man didn't answer both of my e-mails and when I called and left a message requesting to speak with him and left my number he never gave me a call. So, needless to say, I didn't buy his pickups. I went with Owen at OC Duff instead.

6. bargoedboy

bargoedboy Tele-Afflicted

Bought My Voodoo 50`s set from dealer in uk, never dealt with the company , but they were worth having. :cool:

7. davyped

davyped TDPRI Member

Well, here it is July and no pickup.

Dave

8. MrDJoers

MrDJoers Tele-Holic

Wow, around 3 mos. now? Sorry to hear that man. I would try getting a refund.

9. Peter Florance

Peter Florance TDPRI Member

Dave,
    A friend just told me about this so,
    I am refunding your money and sending you out the pickup.
    I had a major computer crash here about 6 weeks ago , and all our orders were lost .
    I thought I had them all shipped,but that is no excuse .
    Sorry Peter.

10. benbo

benbo Tele-Afflicted

Wow, Peter you are a good dude!! Great thing to do! You got a big thumbs up from me !!:D

11. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Thats pretty cool, Peter...a buddy of mine in Houston got some strat pups,, he said they sounded "really freakin good"..I'm looking to get aTele 60's set for my birthday...

12. davyped

davyped TDPRI Member

Thanks Peter. Just so you guys know, Peter contacted me and made things right. No hard feelings by me. Sometimes things happen. Still want a Voodoo pickup, just have to find a guitar to put one in.

Dave

13. r.jones1116

r.jones1116 TDPRI Member

I ordered my tele set back in December as a Christmas present to my Highway One Tele.
    She thanks me everyday. seriously the best tele pups I've ever played!
    Peter is a great guy.

14. lumco

lumco Banned

Voodoo

Yeah Peter is a great Dude..I switched out every guitar I own with his pickups. Always helpful on the phone or email and will get them out to you right away..I think they are the best sounding pickups out there..JMO

15. MrDJoers

MrDJoers Tele-Holic

Can I ask when you contacted him? I've been wanting some of his pups for a while, but in my previous attempts to talk to him I got the cold shoulder. Still gassin' for 'em I guess.

16. r.jones1116

r.jones1116 TDPRI Member

If memory serves me, I think I initially contacted him via e-mail that contained my contact info and he called me the next day before lunch. I had to call him back a few days later cause I noticed my CC hadn't been charged yet and I was concerned that maybe my order got lost. I called and was assured that they would be sent out that day and they arrived about three days later.

17. MrDJoers

MrDJoers Tele-Holic

I guess I'll shoot him another e-mail, but if I don't get a response I won't bother trying to get his pickups. There are plenty of others who can wind good stuff for the same price range.

18. eakapoj_s

eakapoj_s NEW MEMBER!

I just paid for TE50 via paypal after got his email reply earlier on 5th Oct last week.
    I did shoot couple of emails and call couple times during morning time there, as of today, ain't no email reply yet, worse is that i'm in Thailand, can't make a call that often or toll fee will exceed my PUP cost... :D

Any of you experienced the same here again?

19. eakapoj_s

eakapoj_s NEW MEMBER!

I got reply today that the pickup is on its way. he might just be busy...

20. LandWreck

LandWreck NEW MEMBER!

I just ordered a TE50 7.5k on Monday which I believe he had to custom wind for me and I installed it on Saturday. Peter was awesome to deal with on the phone to decide on exactly the right pickup for me. It is by far the best tele pickup I have ever owned. It knocked a Fralin Blues Special and a Lollar Special T out of the park.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.