1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Volume Difference between vintage and RI

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by cboutilier, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Pcaluaru

Pcaluaru Tele-Meister

Good to know guys thanks…. The Super is one of my all-time favorite amps... Sounds like Fender's did a good job on this round of RI's. 15yrs in maintenance/repair on cnc's, actuators, 3 phase motors etc... a PCB is just another integrated linear circuit on a schematic. IMO…Way too much emphasis is put on make of construction PTP vs PCB (Sure if it’s defective …) In this case... IMO it’s the quality tone stack…& replicating it and getting it right that matters.

Thanks I wasn't sure. Just guessing. What's the "Ultralinear"? A "one" channel signal path like the HRD series where the gain is induced into the signal at the front as opposed to a two channel/or cascade??

2. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

3. Pcaluaru

Pcaluaru Tele-Meister

"Connecting the screens in this way can be seen as having pentodes with negative feedback. When the plate current increases, the screen voltage decreases, counteracting the increased plate current."

Got it... I was thinking more of the tone stack. Interetsing wiring. Great if you want Zero feedback and zero distortion... cool thanks for the info.. :)

E5RSY likes this.
  4. slider313

slider313 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

New Fender amps are known to be biased cold from the factory. It keeps the tubes from burning up under the warranty period. I'll bet it's running in the 25ma per tube range.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.