Voice Of Theater Speaker System?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Rhomco, Feb 25, 2008.

1. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

The Phase Linear 400s that exploded in flame? I had one that sounded fabulous at home, but I got rid of it because of the risk.

I remember the local electronics chain that carried the whole Altec VOTH line. Those speakers in the showroom took up as much space as the refrigerator section at the appliance store.

2. Justjammin

Justjammin Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

My dad used to have a sound system company, they had 4 of the A7's, when he passed his partner picked up the company and they were gone.
    Years later I was cleaning out part of our barn, I found and still have 2 15" Altecs and a horn for the A7's brand new still in box.

I threw the Altecs into a Fender Cab, used them as an extension cab off my twin :eek:. They are back in storage, it's been about 20yrs since we made any noise.

What is even worse is that I also have a phase linear 400 is storage with a bad channel, and I just found a tech that wants to repair it!

3. cabra velha

cabra velha Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

a zombie thread if there ever was one. . .

lots of old hernias out there from dragging VOTs and B3's up stairwells

Teleguy61 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.