Visitation rights with my old Peavey Envoy 110 red stripe

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by LGOberean, Jul 30, 2019.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Last week I visited family, and in so doing, I also visited an amp I gave away years ago: a Peavey Envoy 110, USA-made red stripe.
    07-26-2019 - Buddy's Peavey Envoy 110 TransTube, USA-made red stripe - 1.jpg 07-26-2019 - Buddy's Peavey Envoy 110 TransTube, USA-made red stripe - 3.jpg

At the time, my younger brother didn’t have an amp, so I gave it to him. I paid about $100 for it, several years ago now. It was in good condition. And it still is, except for being a bit dusty. For the past several years, he’s been doing the singer/songwriter thing, playing different acoustic/electrics through a Fishman Loudbox Mini, then a Bose L1 system, so the Envoy hasn’t gotten much use.

But this visit, I brought with me my latest Logan Custom tele, which he hadn’t seen yet, so he brought over the Envoy to Mom’s house, and we played through it. I really enjoyed the reunion.

Now we were playing in my 87-year-old mother’s living room, so needless to say, we didn’t crank the amp. I played it a little bit on the Lead channel, but it was hard to get levels that didn’t blow people out of the room. Oh, well, I play mostly clean most of the time anyway.

And I really like that Clean channel, both the Vintage and Modern voicings. It’s hard to remember now for sure, but I think I prefer the Vintage voice. But both are good.

No real revelations to share here. Just wanted to start a thread about a little Peavey Envoy love. Anybody else?

Geo and RodeoTex like this.
  2. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

a more recent one...

The dad of one of the guitar kids in my school band gave me a @200 budget to find a good amp for him...

I was at another muso/ebay friends house to mooch a few pickguard screws to finish a build, I needed some gold ones....... he said he was selling his Envoy for 150, so I grabbed it for the kid.

It sure changed the tone of the band and improved the kids playing.... a sweet sounding amp... Dad was happy, kid was grinning... all good....:cool:

Peavay Envoy110 fr.JPG

Peavet Encore 110 spkr.JPG

cbh5150 and LGOberean like this.
  3. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

If I were to come across a good deal on the current ("Cyclops") model, I'd probably pull the trigger. The voicings on the Channels are pretty much the same to me, in terms of what I like. But the added feature of a Speaker Simulated Direct Output I think I could use. The Boost might possibly come in handy, too. The price new ($350) isn't bad, but I think I'd look for used.

I loved the Studio Pros and Bandits as well. I'd like to have a Bandit again, except for the weight. But if I ever find a good deal on a Studio Pro (though they're a pretty rare find) or Envoy, they would do just fine.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.