Virtual GP racing

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by trev333, Apr 8, 2020.

1. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Did anyone watch the virtual GP ?.. what did you think?..

I've only seen some footage on the news of some of the racing and shots of the drivers at home in their simulators...

Seemed quite realistic at a glance, they sure have come a long way from the arcade driving games of old...

I'm sure we'll see more of these events as the year progresses...

2. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Trev, you and I have a lot in common, but love of fast cars is not my thing. The only thing I like going fast is the plane I'm in when flying, means I'll probably get to my destination.
    I'm glad you enjoyed your virtual GP though. Cheers. :)

trev333 likes this.
  3. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

Long time sim racer here.

I watched bits of the F1 one and it seemed like a bit of a gag, no one seemed to be taking it very seriously.

EDIT: actually, I watched a racers post not the official one, I have now seen the highlights from the official broadcast and that seemed pretty good too.

The v8 Supercar one was pretty good and will be better as the drivers get more familiar and their competitive nature kicks in.

The near full commentary and production made it really interesting.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  4. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm not much of a car modding/racing guy... often I'll have races on tv with sound down as a backdrop in the room... probably less since all the cars became the same looking....

we surfies kept our cars as stock looking as we could to avoid attention from the hoon police who liked to go after shiny things...;)

I did ride bikes and watch the GP's though, I enjoy the smaller classes I have to watch online...

I was interested to know how avid car racing watchers thought the virtual GP idea worked out..

5. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Here's one you'll like. My girlfriend's Mum ( circa 1978) made the curtains for my EH station wagon. I bet she knew what was going on on those surf trips.;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.