1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Virtual centre tap resistors?

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by Uncle Daddy, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Afflicted

Never done a build with these before. Does it matter where they go in the heater wire chain? I was thinking of referencing them to ground at V1, pins 9 and 4. It's a bit crowded by the pilot light.

2. Wyatt

Wyatt Tele-Afflicted

That would be fine.

BTW, on a cathode-biased amp, like a 5E3, some of us DC elevate the heaters by mounting the resistors on the power tube socket and grounding them to the tube cathode (pin 8 on a 6V6/6L6/etc.).

Pretty sure this is on of @robrob's drawings...
    [​IMG]

King Fan and Nickfl like this.
  3. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Afflicted

Thanks. This is a Princeton Reverb so I could use pins 2 and 7 to a ground lug. I'd plans to use both pin 8s for a feed to some tests sockets, to ground via a 1r.

P1130270.JPG

4. King Fan

King Fan Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Your lamp may be more crowded than mine, but this typical PR arrangement doesn’t take much space.

94FE3A36-29BD-450B-82A0-9A11CDEFAA49.jpeg

Ignore the tails on the heater wires — I just like to measure heater volts with mini-grip probes 'far from the madding sockets.'

robrob likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.