1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Vintera Tele Deluxe - pickup height question

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by wedelmaster, Nov 29, 2020.

1. wedelmaster

wedelmaster NEW MEMBER!

hey folks - new to the forum, just picked up a new Vintera 70's deluxe tele and going through some set-up steps. Wondering about the pickup height, which according to the Fender set up page recommends 1.6mm on both bass and treble side, but the guitar came with the treble side lower than bass side on both the bridge and neck. Should they be level as suggested?

2. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Welcome !!

Specs are just a start point, so you shouldn't get to wound up on what is "right", or be afraid you're missing out on something because you didn't set them right.

Some will tilt pups to give a little more treble, or bass if need be to a group of strings.

So you could start out/stay level and see how that works FOR YOU.

The best thing anyone can do is spend a good 1/2 hour playing around with heights.

What I do from a start point is turn the screws one full turn and on paper keep track of turns up or down and note good spots. Then you can go back to those sweet spots and fine-tune 1/2 a turn or whatever floats your boat.

Heights can make or break ANY pickup, so some may lose out on potential, just because they don't spend some quality time with a screwdriver and THEIR ears.

Get them set to where they sound the best for how YOU play, what works with the kind of music YOU play, what works with YOUR amp and settings, your environment.

I always say, YOUR geetar, YOUR ears.

Most importantly...... HNGD !!!!!!

& Happy pickin'

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Kevin Wolfe and wedelmaster like this.
  3. Gardo

Gardo Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Welcome
    I would use the setup recommendations , sometimes the bass side is lower but I’ve never seen the treble lower
    And yes use your ears for exact height adjustment

wedelmaster likes this.
  4. wedelmaster

wedelmaster NEW MEMBER!

thx for the input - got em levelled out and will experiment with those suggested tweaks.

Gardo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.