Vintera Series

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by orangeblossom, Jul 10, 2019.

1. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I am gassing for a 50’s Vintera telecaster as it has all the specs I like including the fiesta red colour. No stores have one near me yet to try. Any feedback about any of these would be appreciated. Thanks

2. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Friend of Leo's

orangeblossom likes this.
  3. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

There is one hanging on the wall at my local Guitar Center - I very briefly picked it up and played it. I say very briefly because the neck is a fairly thick U-shaped neck, which does not work for me at all. This one was pretty close in shape to the most recent AV '52 Teles (or the American Original Teles) in shape. Maybe not quite that thick, it was probably in-between the 1998-mid 2012 AVRI '52 neck and the August 2012-2017 AV '52 neck. Seemed well put together, but it went back on the wall pretty quickly due to the neck shape. I spent a bit more time with the ice blue metallic 60s Strat they had, but didn't get around to plugging the Strat in that night. Also very well made, a nice Strat, but I want to spend more time with that one as the neck also seemed thicker than the prior Classic 60s Strat neck.

RadioFM74 and orangeblossom like this.
  4. rob2

rob2 Tele-Holic

..I've had the Sonic Blue 3 days now...disappointing...rotten pickups....slightly careless assembly.....not up to the quality of the classics...I've more detail on another vintera thread here..

5. RadioFM74

Argh you're making my GAS much worse....

6. Corvus

Corvus Tele-Meister

Just arrived in Birmingham UK. Tried the 50's fiesta Red Tele for two hours in the shop, through Fender Blues Junior. Big neck (large U) that's actually really comfortable, even with my small hands.; for me - great pickups without too much gain and even balance across strings - ie bass strings not overpowering. Love the 7.25 radius and vintage frets (cos that's what us old guys learned on) - action is a compromise and a little higher than I'd normally use but stringing feels quite relaxed and it's very playable straight off the wall with even the nut cut well. Sounds beautiful to me - twangs wonderfully right up the neck and the fingerboard pickup is quite lively and not all bassy as you sometimes get. Dunno if it's just this one but it seems well made and finished to me. I don't need fancy features and switching just the basics so IMHO a great sounding tele at a reasonable price I'm having it!!!!!! -even if I starve!

orangeblossom and Fendereedo like this.
  7. Beaubien66

Beaubien66 TDPRI Member

CBBC6950-92ED-4C71-B6CF-F3FB6909A935.jpeg Just received my Vintera 50’s modified Telecaster (AKA Baja).
    I have to say that the craftmanship is very nice on mine. Except maybe the cheapo black pickguard. I Love neck shape feel. The pickups can sounds really warm, twangy and snarly (with my Princeton). Can’t Stop playing it.... probably because of the very addictive neck. It is a fat neck but not really a U baseball bat.
    More like a deep C. I’d say. I was prepared to swap the saddles for intonated ones.. but, happily, it’s actually very well intonated right away.

orangeblossom, jonzer, rob2 and 2 others like this.
  8. sonny wolf

sonny wolf Friend of Leo's

I played a really nice one at Guitar center in Nashville 2 weeks ago and was really impressed with that particular one.It was reasonably light and had a very nice fat C shape neck with lots of shoulder.It was a definite Telecaster...the pickups delivered the right tones.The workmanship was very well executed with smooth playability.Fiesta red is ok with me though not something I'd buy on a 50s style Tele...I'd prefer the 2 tone sunburst one personally.

orangeblossom and Beaubien66 like this.
  9. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Afflicted

This i perfect tele, i would take it and play for girls

orangeblossom and Beaubien66 like this.
  10. jonzer

jonzer Friend of Leo's

Don't touch those saddles, buddy.

The Vintera line is very good. Sorry someone got a bad one. I have the 60s modified Telecaster and the neck is amazing. I can't talk about the 50s, but my experience with the Vintera has been very positive. Hell, it's in my lap now.

Beaubien66 and orangeblossom like this.
  11. hockey guy

hockey guy Tele-Meister

I picked up a 50's Vintera Stratocaster in Sea Foam Green. Looking forward to having some fun. By The way my favorite guitar is still my Tele!!! :)

Beaubien66 and orangeblossom like this.
  12. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Same here, luckily no issues at all with my 70s custom, thank goodness.

orangeblossom likes this.
  13. RadioFM74

Well, luckily even our friend @rob2 (who probably had the rare specimen with the wrong pickups on it!) came out on top and now has a wonderful ’55 baby blue tele. I am really looking forward to the day when I lay my hands on a fiesta red 50s…

14. Beaubien66

Beaubien66 TDPRI Member

50’s neck is awsome too :) Love the Vintera Line.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.