Vintera Mod 50s roasted Tele neck?

Ignatius

Friend of Leo's
Anyone on here own one? I’ve been thinking of snagging one for an older 52RI that needs a neck replacement.

Any reviews, pros, cons, or experiences?

mimmo

Friend of Leo's
The vintera series seems to get very good reviews. If you have to replace the nack on a 52 I think you should look at the 50s version non modified, as this will have more similar specs.

The mod version has a flatter (9.5) radius and a sort of V shaped profile if I am not wrong, so you have to keep this in mind.

I'd say that your best bet is to go and try them, the standard 50s neck is really chunky and nice and gets my vote.

Kevin Wolfe

Tele-Holic
I’ve got that neck but haven’t mounted it on a body yet. And it does indeed have a soft V shape, although hardly noticeable.

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I have been looking at 70s Vintera neck. Specs look great on both!

Last edited:

Donnie55

Tele-Afflicted
I just finished an Esquire build from parts , I used that neck and I love it.. I was a bit worried because so many people were saying its a really fat neck.. I fills your palm nicely but it doesn't feel fat or all that big to me any way.. I have average size hands .. This now my new favorite neck shape.

stilesg57

Tele-Holic
Funny this came up — I just bought one of these like a week ago.

I LOVE the profile on it. Chunky, VERY soft V. Not as thick as the big vintage U 52s, but still pretty big compared to a modern C. At $350 it’s a win.

I’m sitting here with it next to a Deluxe Nashville Tele neck, a Player Plus PF Tele neck, and a Warmoth StdThin roasted neck and the profile (and maybe looks too) of this ‘50s Vintera Mod neck is by far my fave. Would easily be my fave neck overall of this bunch if it had the Player Plus’ rolled edges and slightly more detailed fret work.

stilesg57

Tele-Holic
9991BEBB-961E-4CA6-B2C4-B4F3C72B5706.jpeg

L to R:

Vintera ‘50s Modified, Roasted Maple
Soft V, Med Jumbos, 9.5” radius, measures 0.89” @ the 1st fret

Deluxe Nashville, Maple
Modern C, Med Jumbos, 12” radius, measures 0.85” @ the 1st fret

Player Plus Nashville, Pau Ferro
Modern C, Med Jumbos, 12” radius, measures 0.83” @ the 1st fret

Warmoth Tele, Roasted Maple
Standard Thin, 6150s, 10-16” compound radius, measures 0.79” @ the 1st fret

roeg

Tele-Meister
View attachment 938062
L to R:

Vintera ‘50s Modified, Roasted Maple
Soft V, Med Jumbos, 9.5” radius, measures 0.89” @ the 1st fret

Deluxe Nashville, Maple
Modern C, Med Jumbos, 12” radius, measures 0.85” @ the 1st fret

Player Plus Nashville, Pau Ferro
Modern C, Med Jumbos, 12” radius, measures 0.83” @ the 1st fret

Warmoth Tele, Roasted Maple
Standard Thin, 6150s, 10-16” compound radius, measures 0.79” @ the 1st fret
I'll take the far right compound radius board...thx!:cool:(a little thin, but, hey, try it!).

ponycar

Tele-Meister
It looks like the Vintera has a more traditional headstock cut near the nut, deeper carve so that it doesn't have the pointed walnut plug of so many "modern" necks. Personally I dislike the elongated, pointed plug. Find it to be a turnoff. Picky I know, but that's me.

63 vibroverb

Tele-Afflicted
Looks beautiful and I'm liking the specs! If it was as fat as Fender's 1951 Tele neck, I'd be grabbing it right now. I have been curious about trying out one of these roasted necks sometime. Definitely a good candidate.

stilesg57

Tele-Holic
I'll take the far right compound radius board...thx!:cool:(a little thin, but, hey, try it!).

Weirdly I’m not a fan of the compound radius thing. This is my second neck with it, and I’m pretty sure it’ll be my last. I get the appeal in theory, just doesn’t feel right to me.

The profile is crazy thin, feels even thinner than the spec. I know it’s only a 10th of an inch thinner than the Vintera V but it feels like it’s 2/3rds the width of it or less.

stilesg57

Tele-Holic
It looks like the Vintera has a more traditional headstock cut near the nut, deeper carve so that it doesn't have the pointed walnut plug of so many "modern" necks. Personally I dislike the elongated, pointed plug. Find it to be a turnoff. Picky I know, but that's me.

Yep, also worth mentioning that the Vintera neck is the only one with 21 frets and a vintage-style truss rod that adjusts at the heel. Other than the radius and frets (and material/finish I guess) it’s the most vintage-spec’d.

weissguy

TDPRI Member
I have one on the way. I wish they had the same neck with a rosewood board. This will be my only maple-necked caster. I'm just starting to play electric again and have been moving away from the 1.0 U-FAT necks, but definitely don't like skinny necks. I'm thinking this will be a nice in-between leaning on the fatter side, so good to hear all the comments.

Ignatius

Friend of Leo's
Kind of a crapshoot what you get in terms of grain though. I've seen a few on Reverb that look like they were made from a piece of scrap oak. Wood is wood and it has character and I get that, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I get that too, but I wish there was a better way to have your choice of a selection of necks.

roeg

Tele-Meister
Weirdly I’m not a fan of the compound radius thing. This is my second neck with it, and I’m pretty sure it’ll be my last. I get the appeal in theory, just doesn’t feel right to me.

The profile is crazy thin, feels even thinner than the spec. I know it’s only a 10th of an inch thinner than the Vintera V but it feels like it’s 2/3rds the width of it or less.
I hear ya. I became a compound radius fan when i got my 2014 Deluxe Tele's. Those Corona necks are a thing of beauty, and won me over, for the comfort i felt. They are not thin, more modern c shape. Past a certain point, thin is not for me.

Out of your choices, that is one i would experiment with, pending actually feeling the neck(shoulders count!) on the far right...also for the baked maple thing, i've never owned one.

weissguy

TDPRI Member
My new neck arrived yesterday and I could feel the edge of wood on the skunk stripe - it was lifting a little. Had to send it back. I've been waiting to finish my tele build with this neck.

Ignatius

Friend of Leo's
I have one arriving tomorrow from Amazon. Hope I like it but if I don’t it’s easily returned.