Vintera Bigsby Telecaster put together again

eddiewagner

Poster Extraordinaire
Hi friends,
I took it apart yesterday to see what’s inside, oiled the fretboard and put it back to life with 08 strings. Adjusting the neckrelief was a bit tricky. I put a slice of a credit card into the pocket for more stringpressure. The guitar is good and resonant and the pickups are great. I will leave it as it is. Took me 2 hours to do the job.
275EEABD-328C-4267-BC9C-966D9CBDD30F.jpeg

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
That’s a sweet-looking guitar!
I really want to add a Tele with a rosewood (or pao ferro) fretboard to my herd.

…nice dog, too.

lowatter

Tele-Holic
Nice! Do you have bamboo in Germany? Inquiring minds need to know.

Oh and...cool dog!

rockymtnguitar

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Very cool! I'm GASsing for one of these myself. As usual, one of the key questions is tuning stability. How have you found that so far? I know a lot of stability comes from proper adjustments, nut slots, etc. Are you happy with the Bigbsy?

**And I just found someone asked the same question in your other thread... https://www.tdpri.com/threads/vintera-bigsby-tele-in-the-house.1081870/

CalebAaron666

Tele-Holic
These are very cool guitars. Looks great!
I’m also curious how 8s do with a bigsby. I now use 12s on my Esquire with a B5 or else the Bigsby has a rough time.

Sea Devil

Friend of Leo's
I always run heavier gauges on Bigsby guitars, not so much for tuning stability but more to compensate for the fact that the spring makes the strings feel more pliable.