Vintera 50's modified bridge suggestions

teleplayer99

Tele-Holic
Really hate the bridge this great guitar has. Anyone changed theirs and are happy with the new bridge including the 6 individual saddle versions?

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
Why do you hate it? Are the saddle screws sticking out too far? If so, know that those can be filed or cut down to be more comfortable. I happen to like the 3 saddle bridges. But there are a few replacement 6 saddle bridges that will also do the job just fine. I have and have played the Fender and Gotoh 6 block saddles. They are okay, but I prefer the 3 saddle ones. I have played the Fender and some other 6 little barrel ("hammer") saddles, and don't care for them myself.

Muttly

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Just got one of those in butterscotch, really diggin the guitar. Have a Tele with the individual saddles, like 3 better. Like the Glendale saddles, lower profile, no screw heads sticking up, better intonation.
Odds are good I,ll round up another Glendale bridge, not sure yet whether full ashtray or cut down on both sides, along with the 3 saddles.

Nick Fanis

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member

teleplayer99

Tele-Holic
Maybe I got A Friday or Monday guitar. The Vintera bridge, is really OK. but the fret ends are sharp and has a 90% fretboard shape...a slight roll would be cool with me. And bridge does have way too high screws. And a gigbag. For $1049 a cheap hard shell case would have been nice. But it has an unreal amount of great sounds and the playability is good too. I guess I expect too much. The Daphne Blue is wonderful and it weighs a nice 7.5 lbs. In truth, I was comparing it to my Pro II, and that ain't fair. And as many teles as I have had the privledge to own, this one is my only disappointment. I am happy for the folks that are happy with theirs. I'll play my Pine Pro II...the punishment is not too bad.

alex1fly

Tele-Meister
So is something wrong with the bridge or is this a buyer's remorse situation? Screws too high are indeed annoying but thankfully are a fairly simple fix. Take it to a tech or dremel off the bottom 1/3rd of the screw or get replacement screws. Or heck order a replacement bridge, just make sure it'll fit and has properly sized saddle screws and also be willing to accept that a replacement make change the sound.

Adding a slight roll to the fretboard is also easily doable DIY or a tech can handle it. Same for sharp fret ends, a little trickier DIY than rolling the board IME.

SGD74

TDPRI Member
Maybe I got A Friday or Monday guitar. The Vintera bridge, is really OK. but the fret ends are sharp and has a 90% fretboard shape...a slight roll would be cool with me. And bridge does have way too high screws. And a gigbag. For $1049 a cheap hard shell case would have been nice. But it has an unreal amount of great sounds and the playability is good too. I guess I expect too much. The Daphne Blue is wonderful and it weighs a nice 7.5 lbs. In truth, I was comparing it to my Pro II, and that ain't fair. And as many teles as I have had the privledge to own, this one is my only disappointment. I am happy for the folks that are happy with theirs. I'll play my Pine Pro II...the punishment is not too bad.

I feel for you being punished from a guitar which you say has an unreal amount of sounds, good playability, wonderful colour, and nice weight. Damn those high screws, fret ends, and gigbags!

I find the Vintera bridge is spot on. Oh, and I’m a pro ii owner like you too.

Fix it up if it’s got so much potential or sell it if you don’t want it

Zoso420

Tele-Holic
I did have to round off the fret edges and fix 2 frets that had high spots on my 50's modified. I installed those $14 wilkinson compensated saddles and they work great.

gregulator450

Friend of Leo's
hit up @Kmaxbrady for a set of his Bensonite Fat Saddles. They are correctly compensated, noticeably more comfortable than stock (no screws sticking out), and the cool factor is off the charts. Your Vintera deserves it. Oh, and did I mention they are less expensive than most of the other comparable saddle sets out there? You're welcome in advance. :)

adjason

Poster Extraordinaire
Fender compensated saddles might work..I put them on a 62 reissue bridge and I like them