Vintage V52 Opinions....

Wildflowers

TDPRI Member
I've got a need to get a T style guitar after a lot of years not owning one. I own a Vintage Lemon Drop so considering adding the v52 to my collection.

Anyone own one or played one that can let me know what they are like before I push the buy button?

Bonus points if you've used it with a Boss Katana

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
I'm not sure how I feel about the Vintage brand these days (mainly because I've not played one for years and years) I used to own an SG by them but that was probably 15 years ago.

My gut feeling is that they don't represent as good value as they used to, but I could be way off on that? You can probably get a Squier for the same price or a Harley Benton for much less.... or maybe even a used Mexican Fender.

What price is the v52?

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
I've seen a deal for £329 including a gig bag. I've seen G&L asat classics for not much more...

Yeah that would be another option worth considering too.

I like G&L a lot. I've just seen this at Guitar Guitar for £329

or a special (ex-demo) for the same price if you fancy something less traditional

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
It is. I've bought loads from them in the past. Great company.

Yeah I like them always seem to be a good price, my mate bought his bass from there too. I live in what some couriers call a 'remote area postcode' which some companies try and charge extra postage for, but Guitar Guitar don't so that's a big bonus for me too.

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
I'm not sure how I feel about the Vintage brand these days (mainly because I've not played one for years and years) I used to own an SG by them but that was probably 15 years ago.

My gut feeling is that they don't represent as good value as they used to, but I could be way off on that? You can probably get a Squier for the same price or a Harley Benton for much less.... or maybe even a used Mexican Fender.

What price is the v52?
I'm in the same boat. I used to have one their Strats, nice enough, but not enough to keep it. I was just getting back into guitar after a lengthy lay off (bringing up to 2 lively sons, and getting over the loss of our daughter Laura). In all honesty I should have bought a Squier, or Fender at the time. It also took an age to sell it on.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
I'm in the same boat. I used to have one their Strats, nice enough, but not enough to keep it. I was just getting back into guitar after a lengthy lay off (bringing up to 2 lively sons, and getting over the loss of our daughter Laura). In all honesty I should have bought a Squier, or Fender at the time. It also took an age to sell it on.

Yeah, I think the goal posts have moved.. at the time I bought the SG it was 'better' than the Epiphone I tried. I'm not sure that would be the case today... although the Epi would probably cost more .. back then were around the same price and the Vintage had way better pickups and hardware and just felt nicer overall.