1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Vintage Tall

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Randypttt, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Randypttt

Randypttt Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Cabro2.jpg Just for reference, I got this about a month or so ago. Have been enjoying it immensely. Better pups than I thought they would be.

But the thing I'm having the most fun with is the neck. This is my first guitar with the Vintage Tall frets and I love playing them. I spent some time with a Vintera last year but they didn't make much of an impression.

I have a range of guitars with all sorts of fret sizes and neck radii and none them are any more difficult or pleasing than any others. The V Tall were a surprise for me. I get a lot different nuances from bends and slides than I do with the others. Maybe 2nd in line would be my FMT with the Jumbos (these are not medium jumbos but jumbo jumbos). I get some real Angus trem out of those.

Anyone else have any feelings about it? Just something I failed to include in my review of the Cab. I hadn't discovered it yet.

I also failed to discover that the chambering on this guitar seems way more resonant than other Thinlines I've had. The cavity around the pots seems bigger. Maybe because there's less pots?
    Most Thinlines have 4 so maybe having just 2 contributes to the resonance. Idk but it sure adds to the vibe. For me anyway.

I never read any reviews of the Vinteras where anyone mentioned it. Any thoughts on this?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.