Vintage Super Reverb Maintenance/assessment

Mowgli

Tele-Meister
You may wish to ask around for recommendations on local techs with vintage Fender experience and have one of them check it out. A good tech should allay the anxiety you are experiencing about the amp.

Many techs charge a base “bench” fee for diagnostic assessment. I suspect that fee will be all that’s required if it’s working without any apparent noise, hum, etc. It should be quiet at idle after the recap.

Just tell the tech that you just acquired it and want to make sure the tubes are good and the bias is set properly since it’s been recapped and had a few resistors swapped. Ask other questions you might have. Again, this isn’t a “repair” - it’s a “well patient check up with lab work!”

And congrats on a great amp purchase.

Threesaddle

TDPRI Member
You may wish to ask around for recommendations on local techs with vintage Fender experience and have one of them check it out. A good tech should allay the anxiety you are experiencing about the amp.

Many techs charge a base “bench” fee for diagnostic assessment. I suspect that fee will be all that’s required if it’s working without any apparent noise, hum, etc. It should be quiet at idle after the recap.

Just tell the tech that you just acquired it and want to make sure the tubes are good and the bias is set properly since it’s been recapped and had a few resistors swapped. Ask other questions you might have. Again, this isn’t a “repair” - it’s a “well patient check up with lab work!”

And congrats on a great amp purchase.
Thank you very much, I think that's exactly what I'll do! I think the anxiety comes from owning something that I think so highly of