Vintage/Relic Tele Necks

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by pagedr, Jan 15, 2020.

1. pagedr

pagedr TDPRI Member

Anyone have a recommendation for a good relic Tele neck? I recently bought a guitar that has a relic body but the neck is brand new so it doesn't really look right to me. Also a bit too chunky anyway so I want to replace it. Found this shop on Reverb called 1950s Finishes that have some options, looks like they just buy Allparts necks and then relic them: https://reverb.com/item/12701357-21...e-c-shaped-telecaster-rosewood-and-maple-neck

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

2. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Holic

I would say to check with the seller to see if it’s the exact neck they are advertising. I bought a relic neck on reverb. Don’t remember the seller but they were in Alabama. They took so long to ship it. It wasn’t the exact neck they advertised. The neck in the listing was heavy relic. I got a light relic. They offered to exchange it but their delay in shipping made that impossible with my schedule. I finished the relic myself.

3. milopera

milopera TDPRI Member

4. pagedr

pagedr TDPRI Member

Appreciate the insight, that seller I linked to in my original post is based in Alabama and have a bunch of feedback so wouldn't be shocked if it's the same one you bought from. Definitely will check with them if I decide to go that route. I liked that it already had the tuners installed.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.