Vintage Reissued V52

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by El Cid, Aug 19, 2018.

1. El Cid

El Cid TDPRI Member

I picked up a Vintage Reissued V52 the other day. Nice guitar for the money and the neck is almost a Tiger Stiped Maple- really nice. Photos attached. Anyone else have one of these? Vintage V58 002.JPG Vintage V58 002.JPG Vintage V58 007.JPG Vintage V58 006.JPG Vintage V58 007.JPG Vintage V58 006.JPG

2. BlackieBlues

BlackieBlues TDPRI Member

Whoa! You scored with that neck! I’ve been thinking about buying one of these for the past six months. I stop in to the local shop that sells them every couple weeks and play one... I think they are amazing. I’ve never seen a neck like this on any of them. It looks like you got the non distressed one, right? I’ve been thinking about getting the distressed one only because I think the neck is more comfortable, being sanded down

3. El Cid

El Cid TDPRI Member

Yes, I got lucky. I was also thinking about getting the distressed version but when I saw this on the wall in a guitar store in Asheville I couldn't pass it up. Well made. There is a music store outside of Nashville that was adjusting the neck and adding orange caps.

4. NothingGoatboat

NothingGoatboat Tele-Meister

How much did it run you? I've always wanted one but money is really tight. Beautiful neck, btw!

5. El Cid

El Cid TDPRI Member

$499 I believe.

NothingGoatboat likes this.
  6. toejam

toejam TDPRI Member

I have owned six different Vintage guitars. VS6, VR100LM, three VS6 (the last one I had I couldn't play, I think they must have changed the neck profile on them), and the Vintage V100 I've had for eight years now. All of them were good guitars, with nice sounding pickups. No experience with their Tele's though.

7. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

That’s a good looking guitar, and a beautiful neck!
    I have one of their Strats. Great for the money. The neck twisted on it, but I don’t hold that against them. It was fine for a few months. Anyway, congratulations!

8. BoogerRooger

BoogerRooger Poster Extraordinaire

Nice bit of timber! No skunk stripe, is it a maple board?

9. Crarg

Crarg TDPRI Member

I recently bought a new V62AB reissue tele for $750 Australian. Wanted a Tele for ages but Fenders are a rip off here. (at least $1800). Didn't like the V52 - too twangy. The 62 has a dark wood fretboard so less trebly. Sounds like a Tele (including traditional ear splitting treble on bridge PU). Paint work is a bit dodgy but sounds nice. Neck PU is smooth strat sounding. Bridge is hotter and good with overdrive. Noice!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.