Vintage Noiseless wiring and treble bleed?

TRexF16

Friend of Leo's
(Duplicate posting from Tele Technical - looking for all the help I can get - thanks)

Hi all,
I am preparing to wire up a set of Vintage Noiseless pickups in my first build. I'd like to ask you all if you agree with this diagram which came with the pickups:
Vintage_noiseless_wiring.jpg

No caps came with the set, but I am assuming the cap between the two pots is a .050. Is this correct?

What about a treble bleed? It looks like none is shown. Do y'all agree with this? I wonder if they just left it out of the picture to leave the circuit to the individual's preference or if there is none intended.

Does it matter where the ground to the jack connects? Most of the diagrams I've seen show it going to all the other ground points on the volume pot. I'd rather do it this way because it'll be easier to use shielded cable that way. And I see no ground wire to the bridge - again, do they just assume this is standard?

Any advice is appreciated - I feel I ought to wire it exactly as shown but wonder at the differences metioned above.
Thanks,
Rex

PinewoodRo

Tele-Afflicted
Treble bleed is up to you I guess. The bridge should be grounded via the baseplate and mounting screws, there's normally a wired connection between the ground lug on the pickup and the baseplate - check with a continuity tester. Where the Jack 'ground' connects to isn't really important as long as it connects to all the bits that should be grounded: pots, switch, bridge and neck pickup cover. The diagram you've shown looks perfectly reasonable.
Hope this helps...

Guitarnut

Friend of Leo's
I'd be a bit uneasy with the output ground. I would move it to the vol pot. The way it's drawn, the entire ground is dependant on the mechanical connection between the tone pot and plate. If the tone pot ever lossened up, you'd be cracking and popping like crazy.

my 2 cents...

Mark

motor_city_tele

Tele-Afflicted
This is the modern era wiring diagram
Vintage would either be a blend circuit or dark circuit for a two pickup guitar.

I like the modern diagram myself.