Vintage Bandmaster 2x12 cab day (or It's nice to have great friends)

GunsOfBrixton

Friend of Leo's
A friend Dropped this off today. It's Been sitting in a warehouse Collecting Dust and he thought I might like it to go with the new Quilter Superbloc US I got yesterday. Probably From the late 60's. He got it from one of his old bandmates long ago. The quilter sounds great through It, especially when he was playing. Since we all love pictures :

20220120_155058.jpg

20220120_155926.jpg

Looks to be one of the speakers was replaced at some point. I need to carefully peel back the fender sticker to get the mfg. info. The silver one is from 68. Should also be fun to plug in my deluxe reverb clone to it. (Need to determine The load first so I can set the switch on the DR.) All in all, a good day.

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
The black one appears to be a Utah. May be original. Although the magnet may be a bit small to be original in a Bandmaster. But it may be, the Bassman magnets are bigger maybe. You can get those on Ebay often for not a ton of money.

The silver one looks like it wont hold up to much.

This Utah looks similar to that one (no label):

Last edited:

ampking300

Tele-Meister
A friend Dropped this off today. It's Been sitting in a warehouse Collecting Dust and he thought I might like it to go with the new Quilter Superbloc US I got yesterday. Probably From the late 60's. He got it from one of his old bandmates long ago. The quilter sounds great through It, especially when he was playing. Since we all love pictures :

View attachment 942339

View attachment 942340

Looks to be one of the speakers was replaced at some point. I need to carefully peel back the fender sticker to get the mfg. info. The silver one is from 68. Should also be fun to plug in my deluxe reverb clone to it. (Need to determine The load first so I can set the switch on the DR.) All in all, a good day.
Looks to be a late 1967/1968 drip edge cabinet that has been cut in half and a new speaker baffle board was made to mount the 2 12" speakers horizontally. The original cabinet had the 12" speakers vertically. Your cabinet should be 29" wide. The original cabinet was 39" tall,AND,the center to center amp hold down bolts measurement should be 25", both for a Bandmaster AND a Showman/Dual showman cabinet.

GunsOfBrixton

Friend of Leo's
Looks to be a late 1967/1968 drip edge cabinet that has been cut in half and a new speaker baffle board was made to mount the 2 12" speakers horizontally. The original cabinet had the 12" speakers vertically. Your cabinet should be 29" wide. The original cabinet was 39" tall,AND,the center to center amp hold down bolts measurement should be 25", both for a Bandmaster AND a Showman/Dual showman cabinet.
Not only did I get a new toy today I learned a few things along the way. Thanks guys! As usual, TDPRI is the best.

corliss1

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I wouldn't say it's "missing" but that it wouldn't fit in there with the chopped configuration, as that was just likely discarded as part of the chopping.