Vintage '64 pickups. Why '64?

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
Well, if you switch the wires on a guitar pickup (hot and ground) the polarity of the magnet stays the same. Even though it's low voltage, in one of the two positions the current will be working against the polarity of the magnet.
Nope.
The signal is zero-centered AC and it's generated by the action of the steel string vibrating within the magnet's field. The current cannot work "against" the magnet anymore than a piece of driftwood in a river can flow against the current.

Telecaster582

Tele-Afflicted
I think there are certain years and numbers in American History that just kinda resonate with people...

Route 66

I think Fender chose 1964 because it was a year of transition for them, because it was the year of the Beatles hitting our shores, and because it just rolls off the tongue pretty well.
2008 was a wonderful year, too.

Telecaster582

Tele-Afflicted
Portishead, Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkeys, Lil Wayne, Taylor, Kanye. A lot of great albums and performances that year, across all genres.

A lot of great changes in society, good movies released. Yeah, 2008 was an awesome year.
Not exactly what I meant, it was also the year of the recession I think. How should I know, look at my profile