1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Vince gill is an evil person!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by backporch guy, Jun 26, 2011.

1. wolfman63

wolfman63 TDPRI Member

......It never ceases to amaze me the number of "critics" that poke insults at country music, and musicians, when most of them couldn't get on a bandstand and play it well if you held a gun to their heads. Vince Gill plays Country and I'm most sure there's nobody on this forum that would have the stones to challange him to "cut heads". If can't "Walk the Walk......." etc. etc.

2. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

They are just jeaulous. I take a good ole country gal or guy pickin' and singin' any day.

Check out Vince Gill giving that bass fiddle hell.

3. Thinliner

Thinliner Tele-Meister

SS0720,

I was at that show! It was too cool fer school, wer'nt it?

First time I had ever seen Robben, Vince, or Brad play!

4. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

He's also a scratch golfer too! Okay now I really don't like him.:lol:

5. 2blue

2blue Tele-Meister

Umm, your kidding, right?

6. smsuryan

smsuryan Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

oh whew!!! when i first read the title of the thread, and then your post, i thought it read "vince neil"...and i thought WHAT??????
    now it makes sense lol

7. JeradP

JeradP Former Member

He was giving an encouraging perspective :D
    He's correct though, Vince Gill can't play guitar like me because he doesn't miss as many notes. Take that Vince, you showoff!! :rolleyes::D

8. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

I'll bet I can write server-side code better than Vince Gill.

But if it's anything to do with a guitar, no...I don't think there's anything I can do that he can't. :lol:

9. Little Ricky

Little Ricky Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

You mean Robben and Vince let the guy on stage with them? Wow!:eek:

10. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Vince is so cool! There's a video of his wife Amy singing, she gets to the turnaround and Vince is playing so beautifully that she becomes mesmerized with his instrumental rendition of the song, and forgets to come back in, Vince just kinds of handles it and then she starts singing again, but you can see she's kind of shocked at herself for flubbing her coming back in.

You probably all know this but Vince is around a 2 handicap at golf, he apparently is just talented at anything he tries his hand at. James Burton? What can you say about that guy that hasn't been said a jillion time? He's the man on chicken pickin', he's played longer than old folks in rest homes have been alive and still does it like no one else.

11. TwangBilly

TwangBilly Tele-Afflicted

I hear you man. The greats make it look stupid simple. Vince is a perfect study in perfection! Tonally, his timing, vocally, he's got it all! And the notes he DOESN'T play are just as important as the ones he does play! Watching him I learned to slow down, insert just the right notes at just the right time, the right notes in the right places are better than one wrong note in a cluster of right notes, all emphasis is no emphasis! I've been practicing this theory more and more lately and have gotten more compliments on my picking than ever before! Now to master "the tight fingers". I don't know what it's called or what it's all about, I'm ignorant of many things musical, but I've noticed most all the great Tele and "chicken pickers" keep their fingers very tight & close together. I never see them stretching out spanning several frets to hit notes, or multiple notes, or blend notes & bends. I must master this technique! I believe a good working knowledge of scales is the key to it.

12. tjalla

tjalla Friend of Leo's

I appreciate Vince even more when playing alongside other pickers - won't name names. Often other guys will pull out great licks and moves, as any good guitar player would. But it actually serves to make Vince look even better - even when its his turn to solo, he enhances song and the vocal. Truly a big picture musician.

13. Flat357

Flat357 Banned

Have you two heard yourselves?

There's a little thing called 'humour' which seems to have passed you by.

Nobody in this thread has 'poked insults' at anybody. You guys really need to lighten up. ;)

14. outlawyer

outlawyer Tele-Holic

Two Lane Highway has some interesting chord changes. Fun as heck to play.

15. teleman77

teleman77 Tele-Meister

I couldn't agree more! Vince is a monster player and one of the more tasteful pickers out there.

16. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

17. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

I wouldn't say Vince is evil (wicked good, perhaps).

I do hope he keeps on making music here and doesn't return to his home planet, Krypton.

18. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

To the OP's comment, I know where he's coming from. A friend of mine and I post youtubes to each other on Facebook regularly, and I'll occasionally say something like "Ah yes; he won twice at Winfield, I hate him!" ;) Kind of like how another friend's highest compliment is: That didn't suck :p

Re: Vince Gill; sometimes, nice guys finish first. He's got a great career because not only is he a great player [and singer, and songwriter], he plays well with the other children. Meaning, his kindness and good nature has served him well. It makes others enjoy working with him. In a creative industry, that's a commodity you cannot buy.

19. TeleMe

TeleMe TDPRI Member

Great thread. Vince is one of my biggest heroes. It fact, I'm sitting in the audience right now waiting for him to go on! C'mon 9pm...

20. charliebrown

charliebrown Tele-Meister

I have tickets to see the Evil Mr. Gill in October. I also know a Priest...personal friend. I'm good (I think). :twisted:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.