1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Victoria Reverberato Opinions?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by acmotors, Mar 6, 2021.

1. acmotors

acmotors TDPRI Member

Hello everyone, I am wondering if there are any current or former owners of the Victoria Reverberato here that would like to share their experiences.
    I am asking because I have an opportunity to purchase a new one at a reasonable price.

-Are/were you happy with the tone?
    -Overall, was it what you would expect from a hand-wired unit listed at a higher price point?
    -Has anyone had any issues with defects or build quality?

I look forward to hear of your experiences. Many thanks in advance.

2. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

I traded into one, long ago. One of the 6 or 7 outboard reverbs I ultimately owned at one time or other. In terms of reverb tone, it was either the best of that bunch, or tied for first. Depending strictly on which reverb you're looking for.

The Reverberato is not the same reverb as the classic fender 6g15. Doesn't go to extreme drip and clang. The reverb depth, spaciousness is there, just not extreme. Struck me as somewhere between spring and hall. Very beautiful sounds. I loved it, and miss it still. Only reason I sold it was the trem. I've never gotten along with harmonic trem, so it was wasted on me.

If you want that classic fender spring sound for surf, best I heard was Texotica. A company long defunct. Gomez (also long gone) is by all reports just as good. For a different take on reverb, and to my taste, as good as it gets, the Reverberato is an excellent choice.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.