Veterans Day song (work in progress)

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by woodman, Nov 11, 2012.

1. woodman

woodman Grand Wazoo @ The Woodshed Gold Supporter

Here in the States, it's military Veterans Day, when all of us who lived thank our lucky stars. This version is pretty ragged, more of a songwriting demo than a production, but it seemed timely.

Still much to do; I'll be replacing tracks and am determined to get some piano and organ by hook or crook (crook meaning I'd cobble them up myself! :p) ... there are a couple of keyboard snippets (including the Beatles gimmick) that I've just sketched in. Hopefully it will turn up as a mix thread before Memorial Day! All opinions appreciated.

Now raising a glass to all you war vets who survived both physically and mentally! :D

When the Dark Clouds of Madness Let Us Be

2. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Thanks, Woodman. I don't know what to say other than to thank you both for your service in arms and for your gift of music.

3. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

Couldn't have said it better!

4. peteycaster

peteycaster Tele-Meister

Hey Woody. Sounds like the bones of this one are all there. I like the arrangement for the backing vox. Don't mind the Beatle reference and it fits the timeline. It reminds me of "Chinese Cafe" by Joni Mitchell where she works in "Unchained Melody". I know from past threads you served yourself so this is obviously a project close to your heart. Good luck with it all and I look forward to the finished project. When is Memorial Day by the way?

5. woodman

woodman Grand Wazoo @ The Woodshed Gold Supporter

Toward the end of May! I'll undoubtedly have it done before then. Appreciate it Pete!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.