1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Vespel picks?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by imwjl, Jan 22, 2021.

1. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Do I understand correctly, the Blue Chip folks have a patent or trademark and only way to get a Vespel pick now is from them or DYI?

I have one Blue Chip I bought used and confess that it just might be the ultimate pick for my big semi hollow electric guitar, some acoustic playing, and clean neck Telecaster playing. Thing is, Wegens are superb at an already expensive $4 vs the exotic $35-40....

Is Blue Chip it these days? I'm not sure I want to pay twice the price of used one I got.

Thank you.

2. loco gringo

loco gringo Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Where are you buying Wegens for $4?

Charmed Life Picks has some Vespel picks. I don't know if they are less expensive than Blue Chip or not.

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/

3. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

I'm certain the 4-packs of Wegens I've bought over time have not exceeded $16.

I thought Charmed Life guy could no longer sell Vespel.

Thank you.

Edit:

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/online-store

I guess he does have Vespel for slightly less than Blue Chip. Maybe I should wish I didn't get that one at a bargain or try one or ever try a real turtle shell pick. The TD50 I have is less clanky than casein, really does have grip, and really gives good tone especially for matching finger tips in hybrid picking.

cyclopean likes this.
  4. cyclopean

cyclopean Poster Extraordinaire

i'm pretty sure wegens are still going for $16 for four.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.