1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Very similar to a NGD! MIM FSR BSB w/ P-90 & Roasted Maple

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by johnnyha, May 15, 2016.

1. johnnyha

johnnyha Tele-Afflicted

Just finished my neck swap after installing a Tonerider P-90 Vintage 90 in the neck a few days ago. This a a Warmoth roasted maple neck with Tru Oil finish that I had on my new partscaster. I just put a rosewood neck on that and switched this roasted maple/roasted maple cap over to the MIM BSB. Has a 10"-16" compound radius and those silky smooth medium jumbo SS frets. It's a little thicker than the MIM, with a wider nut and feels much stronger and more solid with increased sustain. I also added a Callaham bridge which really took it over the top with more sustain and clarity. The P-90 install included 500K pots with a resistor to make the bridge see a 250K pot. I also had to route out the bakelite pickguard but the MIM already was roued for a humbucker and the P-90 fit perfectly. Love the P-90 and that hum-cancelling middle position is my new favorite. I had to lower the P-90 quite a bit to match the '51 Nocaster bridge volume, as the P-90 is quite a bit hotter, so I may experiment with the bridge tone resistor values or maybe take the resistor out altogether. Or even switch back to 250K pots... I have gotten three Warmoth necks in the last few months and they have all been top quality with very nicely finished fret work. The Gotoh side relief adjuster is a real winner too so I don't have to remove the neck.

IMG_6615.jpg
    IMG_6620.JPG
    IMG_6622.JPG
    IMG_6624.jpg
    IMG_6630.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  2. johnnyha

johnnyha Tele-Afflicted

I had previously sanded the back of the ash body with Scotchbrite to give it a flat finish and the back is reserved for stickers.

IMG_6625.jpg

songtalk likes this.
  3. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

That roasted maple makes the color of the BSB soooooooo much better looking.

Very nice.

johnnyha likes this.
  4. johnnyha

johnnyha Tele-Afflicted

Yeh I agree, I wasn't a big fan of the stock pale white maple neck finish. I had not really seen this color combo either and I love the way the cream P-90 looks with it, it came together kind of unexpectedly and I'm truly happy with it. Wasn't too sure about that strap either til I put the neck on and boom - they matched!

songtalk likes this.
  5. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

Beautiful. :cool:

johnnyha likes this.
  6. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Poster Extraordinaire

That looks pretty good.

johnnyha likes this.
  7. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Gorgeous!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.