Very Cool Stuff! UV Activated Glue!

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
¡Bueno!™

Well it seems most people I speak with about this have never heard of it so maybe some here could use a hint!

Bondic UV Activated "Glue". Not a glue per se as it needs UV light to cure so trying to bond broad surfaces with no light access a no go BUT filling voids! Oh man! Sticks like crazy when cured! so it's a glue in that fashion.

Comes with 3 or 4 tubes and a UV light. I've been using it on my jewelry. Often a great turquoise for instance will have a small void on the side that will telegraph through a bezel and this stuff gets it fixed quick!

The glue is thick almost thick as typical epoxy but not as sticky. Cures in ~5 seconds to epoxy or harder. Water clear. Sands and polishes smooth as glass! I've only been using a couple weeks and can't speak on any shrinking but feel it should be stable.

Check it out here or Amazon. I have no affiliation with Bondic inc.

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I had a tooth reinforced and saved with UV cure composit dental resin, incredible stuff
THAT's what I had been looking for! Something with some color to top fill certain gemstones. A little off white looks more natural than clear.

That stuff is much harder I think. I bug my dentist about getting me some all the time and he says nope; only dentists can get that stuff.

I think I have ~8 fillings made with that stuff and almost saved a tooth for me! Lasted over a year before the tooth died...

Renown

Tele-Meister
I used the stuf on my brandy new tele doing an S1
and 4 way switch mod a couple years ago
It is harder than super glue when cured. I think curing is 4 seconds with UV.

I haven't tried it on my teeth tho
And I goofed up twice times so there's two 7/16" holes for S1. Over drilled. Kinda looks like eyes to me. It's ok

First pic is two dots eyes of bondic_on back of my tele

Second pic front pic of tele. I used stickers to find electrical hole. Drummer told me to put some hair around it if I needed to find it. I'm smarter tha a drummer, I use stickers to find the hole.

3rd the bondic_and the laser I use. It comes with an LED but I have a UV laser. It works.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 13

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
Bought a tube of it (with a tiny UV light) from one of those "As Seen on TV" displays- tried it once and it didn't work. But my dentist did a couple of fillings with something similar- UV activated, anyway, and it worked marvelously.

uv activated, anyway

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
Yes, there is Bondic in my workshop "where the magic happens"
Like any adhesive, it has its strengths and weaknesses. Works better on some things than others. Very handy when it's the right choice.
Simply doesnt work on some materials and situations. works great in some others.

And yes, I have a tooth held in by a bridge made up of a dam of the very same adhesive. Trick there is preparation. Seems they clean and prime, and the tricky part is keeping the surface dry in the final steps. which can mean avoiding tongue cramps.

It was redone once.
I blame the chocolate chip cookie.
They blame my lack of self-control.

Both right.

boneyguy

Doctor of Teleocity
It's been around for a couple years or so now I think. I tried it back when I first heard about it and found it really useful for certain situations. I have a fresh tube of it in my shop.... a different brand than Bondic, and I use it every so often when the appropriate situation arises. Very good stuff to have on hand.